Why aren't Adorned items distinguished on broker

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mighty Melvor, Nov 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Mighty Melvor Guest

Not sure if this is the right place to place this but here goes...
    I had recently acquired a piece of jewelry that I thought was quite nice. Being higher lvl than my toon, I couldn't wear it yet so I left it unattuned. However, in anticipation of eventually wearing the item, I made a legendary adornment and placed it on the piece. In my travels however, I came across an even better item and decided that the original item was no longer something I wanted to attun/wear. Ok, no biggie, I'll just plop this bad boy on the broker and see if I can get back some of the value (adornment) that went into the piece. Obviously, I priced it higher than comparable identical items on the broker since it had a legendary adornment. Well its been about 60 days now and it hasn't even sniffed a buyer. When I took a closer look though I realised why. My uber-adorned jewelry piece looks exactly the same as every other piece on the market (and it's on page 3 ).
    While I don't think we need to create all new icons for every item in the game (Domino's head will explode...again), would it be possible to have adorned items *flagged* on the broker, so potential buyers would at least know to take a closer look at the item. Is there a search function in the broker that allows you to weed-out adorned items vs. normal ones? I could see this adding tremedous value to transmuters/crafters that wish to adornment crafted items for an all-in-one sale.
    Thoughts...
  2. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

It's been brought up before in the tradeskill forum, but I doubt it's ever been brought up in the Look and Feel forum which is the place, really, to put requests for changes to the broker or other UI or display concepts.

Yeah, I think it would be nice, too. Even if it was just a colour change, but how would that work with unequipable items. A name change might be too much.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mighty Melvor Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Yeah I could see how color change may be an issue. Perhaps an additional column 'adorned' could be added to the broker window with a check box for those that are adorned. Or, as I suggested, at least give buyers a search filter for them.
    I also wonder about the difficulty of the system identifying adorned items. I recall the mess they had when adornments first came out and any item that had in it's name 'imbue' could not be imbued. /shivers