Why are there ads when I look at EQ2Players when I paid extra for it?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MageChild, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-MageChild Guest

This is the first place I have seen where I see advertisements shown when I pay for the extra things on the site. Is there a way to stop these banner ads? And yes, I am logged in. I don't want all these extra sites getting my IP address/machine information, which regardless of any "agreements" is exactly what they do since the images and ads are pulled directly from the agency servers involved and they keep statistics (I work in the industry so I know exactly how this works). I pay for access to my information and should not be required to be subjected to all this worthless advertisement.
  2. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Only ad you should see is the ad for their magazine. If you're seeing pop-ups or advertising for other sites, I suggest using an adware/spyware remover.

Of course, my browser just might be blocking them. I remember doing something to the effect of having it not load anything that originated on a different server from the one I'm visiting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

There are ads at the bottom of each page. It is already being discussed in another thread HERE.
  4. ARCHIVED-Echgar Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Indeed and since Gnobrin and Grimwell both have already been participating in that thread, I am going to go ahead and close this thread as this thread seems to be discussing a similar/same subject.