Why are several instances of Awesomium process running today?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kattt, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kattt Well-Known Member

They keep hogging memory for me...can this be fixed please? :)
  2. Kattt Well-Known Member

This is still happening. Is it actually productive to post these things on forum? Does support of any forum actually check or anything?
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Morg was having the same issue; can't remember where she wound up putting her entry, but I am too...I currently, even while I'm in the game in the background of this, have 2 Awesomium (gad, what a misnomer!) Processes running for no reason I can see. They used to shut down once LaunchPad had finished and the game itself had actually started. :-/

Ah...she was on Performance Support. Maybe, if we hit enough of these... :)

Uwk
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

/bug from ingame - sends it to the QA team for investigation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Lyyanne New Member

I did a /bug report last night. That is when it started happening for me, after the patch. Would be nice if SUPPORT could post on when a possible fix would / could/ won't be incoming for this.
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

as much as we all hate to admit it, but doing a /bug then expecting a few hour turn around on a solution or comment in something as complex as the code is for the game it almost impossible, it takes a lot longer for the QA team to start working on verifying the issue and the subtle nuances that can or cannot cause it. Personally don't see two instances of the process when I am playing, and out of curiosity I verified it this morning, so it does not happen in all cases.

There will be variables on the cause, down even the simple point that a custom UI could cause it to trigger use 2 processes.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

These are a nuisance. I don't use the in game browser, much preferring to open a standard browser in it's own window on 2nd monitor. If I kill the processes from the Task Manager they automagically restart themselves - which is a PITA.
  8. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Wingrider's right. This happens to only some players which is why we need to gather more information to find a correlation between systems.. I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so we can further assist you.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got a support ticket out, but it was started during the weekend, so I'm not holding my breath re: any serious looks at it until Monday. Y'all are off the hook 'til then! ;->

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's getting worse; dozens of tens of 1000s of K of Mem Usage now, primarily for one, but the other doesn't lag too far behind...

But: wasn't there some way, back in the mists of time, to not only get and send a DXDiag and MSInfo file, but also to grab a log record of what the game was doing during login, and send that to the tech folks? I can't remember if we ever had that capability, or it was always just a GM/etc. thing (I've friends who've worked for SOE), or maybe back in EQ1 but not now? :-/

Or am I either misremembering or going slightly mad (jury's out as to the severity)... :-/

Uwk
    Truian likes this.
  11. Morg Well-Known Member

Will do, I have bugged it on 2 different computer set ups, one at work ( brand new system ) and my hokey ole system at home. Both are doing this and both started after the patch on Thursday. So I would think it's something in the PATCH not my systems, as 1 is win 7 and made in 2013 and one is XP from 2008.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dude! You've got a Win 7 system made in 2013? Who made it and how do I get one? Is it a desktop or a laptop? :-D

Uwk
  13. Morg Well-Known Member

It was special ordered for work, our IT guy hates win 8, so the boss ordered new systems special with Win 7 on them instead :) HP Pavilion p6 Series
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy sin frijoles ... you've got a boss that listens to your IT guy; an IT guy that loathes Windows 8 (hardly a "win" for Microsoft, from what I hear), but that's not too surprising; and they let you install an MMORPG at work? You with SOE, by any chance? :)

Uwk
  15. Morg Well-Known Member

They wouldn't want me working there. I would be the dragon lady boss that screams at the employess hahaha i kid.
    No, I work at a small family owned business that lets me play games as long as my work is done and customers are NOT ignored. Work comes first. :) I wear several hats, general office, office manager, Accounts receivable, Customer Service and sometimes shipping dept. Been there for going on 17 years this August. Yes, i'm a lil spoiled at work lol. But, I have earned it :D
  16. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Uwk, you've been a loyal friend on these forums for a while. Allow me to help you with your issue personally. Please pm me your ticket reference number when you get a chance.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Where is this and do they need any additional personnel? :D

Uwk
    Morg likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On its way. :)

Uwk
  19. Morg Well-Known Member

I wish we could get another person in here, part time at least, if for nothing else other than company!!
  20. Morg Well-Known Member

I think I found a TEMPORARY work around until they fix it. I have ATF-Cleaner installed and I minimized eq2, ran the cleaner a couple of times and watched the processes disappear off my task manager. you can find the cleaner at www.atribune.org it's free and I use it daily. It also cuts down on the high mem usage of the eq2 client, so far less crashes due to out of memory error. I play in windowed mode, minimize the game every now and then and run the cleaner. Hope that helps out!