Why are all DM items non-tradeable/heirloom now?

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Right now I have like 22.000+ dungeon marks that I can't spend on something decent.

Before the new equipment was added, I always had a chance to get a Mozaic part of different styles to spice it up that I could put on the broker and sell for plat. Not only to make plat, but also it was a bonus to keep the dungeon making going since furniture and stuff isn't overly cheap if you want to make a good and interesting dungeon.

After the dungeon maker rewards got replaced with newer gear, the mozaic charms were changed to "heirloom" and now I cannot broker them. And so far, I haven't gotten a single piece of equipment from the Mystic Crates that is tradeable on the broker.

Why was this change made? A lot of the gear has very little vendor value, or is no-value items if I recall correctly.

The tradeabe items you had a chance to get from the mystery boxes really spiced up the experience a lot, but now it feels pointless to spend my tokens on them as I can't get anything valuable anyway, since my gear is the same or better as the DM rewards anyway.

And why aren't there any super items available for DM tokens, kind of like the battleground tokens? Like 10.000 dungeon marks for a fabled piece of really nice gear, or 40.000 tokens for a mythical piece, etc.?

Would also be nice to be able to spend tokens to purchase more dungeon slots and similiar too. It's good that items in the shop are cheap, but there should be some really really exclusive and expensive items too, to keep the tokens flowing. Right now, I just end up hamstering them because there isn't much left to spend them on once you have all dungeon maker upgrades.

(And limited spawners are just a chore because of all the space they take up, so I hardly buy those.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

probably because the new charms are really nice. and the DM is mostly for people that build dungeons. they don't expect you to be trying to use it as a money farm.
    once you have all your DM gear, if you don't want to buy the DM spawners/items...then move on to something else.
    it's like the battlegrounds. once you have that gear, move along. the problem your seeing is it's a lot easier to grind tokens in the DM, then it is to beat other players in battlegrounds.

not to mention, lets be honest. they added in all that new BG gear that's decent in PvE becuase they noticed that when they restricted the BG gear to PvP only (like they should have kept it, adn then just let the BG die) no one used it. now they put the nicer gear with insane pricing on it to keep people playing in the BGs at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Of course they did. Without anything to strive for, there is no point in playing any game, be it for story, ending scenes or growing stronger.

Equipment is a big part of MMORPGs so it makes sense to award with this. That being said, I think DM gear should take a lot of time to get too, equivalent to BG gear. The 10.000 marks was just an example. Could be more or less as well.

And for the very same reason I highlighted what I did, this would keep people playing Dungeon Maker dungeons. Even if some people care about story and so on, I have sadly realized most people are just running farms for the tokens. So even if a lot of dungeons won't be ran by people who love design and story, at least having something to strive for would make them return many times rather than run it once and never more return.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

think they changed it when the DM exploit became popular and people suddenly had hundreds of thousands of dungeon marks (yes, i said 100,000+). a lot of people probably even way more than that. I also heard that some items were sellable to merchants for 20g a piece or so. Do the math, thats a lot of instant plat for little to no effort.

You can thank exploiters to the recent changes in DM rewards, and difficulty of mobs being increased a TON.
  5. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Mohee wrote:
    I don't mind the mob difficulty. I still think they are too weak compared to when you use avatars. I would gladly see them even stronger when you play as yourself.

That being said, I wish that those exploiters got their tokens removed they got from exploiting so that we could get these items back to how they were before.

My Dungeon Marks are just collecting dust right now since removing the tradetag has left me with only boss/limited spawners to use them on. And I'd need a new account to fit all those limitied spawners on a character, kind of... :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

I agree that as is there is little to no incentive to play DM dungeons.
    So what's the point? Another good idea down the toilet. If you don't like players selling their mystery box rewards to merchants for big ??? money, lower their merchant sale value to 1 sp and make them not-heirloom again. So they can be traded between accounts or at least transmuted instead of creating this extremely frustrating situtation that we have atm.
    And I agree: Give us a few good but expensive things that are actually worth buying!
    Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I would rather they made the limited spawners go into the toolbox. then I could grab those up an dnot have to worry about where the heck I'm going to put them all.
  8. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Agreed. They could make it so that for every limited spawner you collect, you can use one of them in a dungeon instead.

So i.e. you get 3 Ice Golems (L) and you can use 3 of them in each dungeon. I think that would have been the easiest way to change it from a programming perspective.

Either way, right now a lot of stuff is lacking. For example, there is only one single mount available for dungeon marks, and that one is just 500 tokens. Why don't they add a few more of those? Mounts are always sought after. And the one that exist is just a flying mount. I prefer those myself, but sometimes when I just feel like derping around, the other kinds of mounts (ground, glider, leaper) can be fun too.

Give us a mount or two with really nice combat stats that look awsum and it would be great. Even if it out of laziness just means to change colours on a mount like they did on the current one. A completely unique appearance wouldn't hurt though...
  9. ARCHIVED-Bumfit Guest

I dont run DMs anymore. They might as well remove them from the game, I would never notice.
    It was a nice way to make plat, but now it's just an xp grind, and a very boring one at that since all anyone ever makes is the "15 mobs in one spot every few feet" type dungeons.
    There really is no point to running DMs. You are better off just grinding regular dungeons since they are far more interesting and you get loot to sell as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Mohee wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't know having good gear and aoeing (or riposting, lol riposte damage nerf) was an exploit. I thought exploiting was hailing other people's griffons to complete my griffon quest 48 hours earlier than everyone else. I can still make thousands of marks an hour if I wanted to.

Also, if I didn't already have 'hundreds of thousands' of dungeon marks I'd still do them occasionally for free repair kits forever.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I don't know what world you live in Buffrat, but when people were gaining Thousands of marks per minute, selling the items making thousands of plat in minutes, using Avatars to 1 shot AOE 1000+ mobs stacked on top of each other to level from 1 to 92 with 320 AA's in less than an hour because things weren't working as intented...

Yeah, that is an exploit.

You can still farm marks quickly yes, but you can't level up to max level in an hour doing so. And you can't get 1000+ marks for a 1-2 second run. You can't make thousands of plat in minutes anymore using the DM. Hence why they made it so you can't sell the items to merchants anymore, and you can no longer 1-shot hundreds upon hundreds of mobs stacked on top of eachother gaining 500,000+ xp in a 1-2 second run.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Mohee wrote:
    I can't really comment on pre-mob cap dms because I never did them, but you can still make 1000+ marks for a 1-2 second run.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gelenor Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Screenshot or it never happened!
  14. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Gelenor wrote:
    I'd prefer a youtube movie :p

But yeah... The fact that SoE messed up when they added the "Play as yourself" feature ruined stuff. I did see videos on youtube with people harassed by like 50 mobs and losing 1 hp per hit or so... No wonder it became chaos. Tons of those tokens in circulation now and that is a shame. Those Mozaic pieces were a nice boon to get every now and then.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Actually people were exploiting the DM for tokens, and XP/AA's long before the "play as yourself" came into effect. Although it wasn't until recently when word got out how to do it and everyone started doing it! And of course, once it becomes an extremely well known and popular exploit, then SOE fixes it. (the exploit has been around since DM was released, and wasn't fixed until about a few months ago).
    Remember the patch that made it so the Effect Mods that decreased a mobs HP didnt decrease it so much anymore? Thats because people were using one of the free Avatars that had an AoE Attack that would hit an UNLIMITED amount of targets. People would zone in, 1 shot 1000+ mobs stacked on eachother, zone out, repeat. Gaining multiple levels/aa's instantly. You could level once or twice, however long it took you to load.
    I'm glad this got fixed. But it sad that it took so long, allowing so many people to create new toons, and be max lvl with max aa's and hundreds of thousands of marks in a matter of an hour or two. This exploit (specially for gaining marks) also quickly flood hundreds of thousands of plat into the game from people gaining 1000+ marks in 2-5 seconds, buying the crates/items, and selling to an NPC.
  16. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I'd like to see heroic tokens added for completing a zone with a 5-6 person group with epic bosses granting bonus tokens. Then allow those tokens to be spent on the armor and weapons that are already available as well as parts that finish out a full suit of the stuff.
  17. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I would like that too. It's been discussed a bit here.