Why all the power regen spells?......

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-dimsoul2, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-dimsoul2 Guest

I am thinking about either going summoner(necro) or sorcereor(warlock) and was wondering why necros have so many power regen spells ( bloody ritual, lich, sacraficial heart) If they hardly ever do any DD nuking. Why do they need all this power?
  2. ARCHIVED-ralinsilver Guest

Necro spells are quite costly, but i kinda like it. with the power regen and high spell cost you have alot to do in combat.

cause lets face it necros main damage is the pet and if the pet is doing all the work, all you would be doing is sitting there at watching.

BTW this is a benifit of a necro, often time ill send my pet to kill grey quest mobs while i walk around harvesting =)
  3. ARCHIVED-Baneful Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

BWNED

Not trying to be argumentative here but i think it all depends on the situation. If I'm in a group, then I'm obviously gonna Nuke and DoT like crazy to do the most i can for the DPS and make my case as being seen as a valued asset to the team.
    But if I'm running around soloing or screwing off, then I'm not gonna bend over backwards chain nuking and DoT'ing a mob that may be grey to me knowing my pet can handle it by itself without my help what-so-ever. I might stroll along and gather something while my pet takes care of the situation, throwing an occasional DoT on the mob to speed up the process a bit. And then again, i may be in the lazy mood when i send my pet in (soloing again) and sit there and watch him as i snack on something and smile when i see my pet can handle it without my intervention. So i ask, if I'm solo'ing and letting my pet do all the work, does that make me a horrible example of a Nec?
    I think if I'm grouped then my answer would be yes, that would be crappy of me to sit there and watch while my pet was the only damage i contributed to the team's effort. But if i'm soloing, who the hell cares if I'm nuking and DoT'ing or not as long as my pet and I survive.
    As I said, I think it all depends on the situation. But thats just my 2 cents worth in this crazy world :) ...
  5. ARCHIVED-Baneful Guest

Answered your own question there. No-one cares what you do all by yourself.

If I have to clarify I will; I am only talking about working hard in groups.
    Don't give Necs a bad name by standing in a group not offering the DPS you are able to.

To anyone reading this and getting defensive, if you're not a lazy petter, it does not pertain to you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Camus255 Guest

im not only nuking when fighting in group or i would just be a simple wizard
    first pet is here for damage
    then im using rune to protect tank, dot, mana drain, double stun and nuke + OH mana

see you have plenty things to do :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Ethros Guest

I think the reason for the regen spell abundance is because of 2 things

1. Our spells cost a good bit to cast

2. Our spells take a good bit of power to maintain

Ever keep a good eye on your power bar when you've cast a pet buff? *cringe*

IMO we have too many root spells...arcane bindings, petrify, and immobilize whatever others we get...
  8. ARCHIVED-ekiander Guest

I would say yes if our DOTS and DDs weren't so pitful. And we don't get a single target DOT until 31 so most of the time with an enc in the group I am just sitting doing nothing. Static pules ticks for about 14, bludgeoning for about 14-18, our nukes about 30-50. My recruit hits for 30s and zaps for 40. I'm often outdamaged by gaurdians it seems. Our saving grace is ou AOE DOTs where the amount of damage starts piling on but most of the time I can't cast them with fear of breaking root or mez.
    It seems like we have more buffs than damage spells. I would really like someone to fully calculate out the DPS of a necro not including the AOE DOTs.
  9. ARCHIVED-ekiander Guest

Agreed. As a pet class I don't need a root spell at all and the group benefit is highly suspect. I would much rather get a single target mez and trade in my two roots. I do like petrify though.