Who would you rather have in tow?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Mouthpiece, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Mouthpiece Guest

I'm wondering, what class would benefit the necromancer more while soloing tough stuff, an illusionist or troubador? Presuming that the trouby/illusionist would be stuck on follow, providing buffs, and not much else? Reason I ask is that I'm having a hard time deciding what class to doublebox with my necro, and I don't know what sort of late-game buffs the two classes get in order to make up my mind :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

ACtually, you would be better off with a dirge. Necro's really don't need bard or chanter power regen buffs. We have our own. Also, troubador spell dmg bonuses would increase the likelyhood of you pulling aggro off your pet while soloing. A dirge has wonderful group melee buffs that will enhance your pet's dps very nicely. Troub's have some ability in this area but not as much as a dirge. Also, dirge's tend to be more noxious based than troub's which fits in with a necro's noxious based spells and pet abilities. So, I would vote dirge for a two box buddy.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oakleafe Guest

Would seem to me that as you have a Necromancer, which is an evil class, you might be better selecting a "two box buddy" who is also an evil class. This will help you park the toons in the same area without faction issues, share housing, allow you to pick up exactly the same quest lines etc.

So, it seems to me your question should probably have been "coercer or dirge", and you have an answer to that already.

Personally though, I'd roll a Fury.
    (Seriously, you might want to consider it as the buffs add to your DPS output (which is why Furies always get placed in the mage group in raids) and the group heals will assist your own pet heals. Obviously has more to offer, but as it's just going to be "in tow" I'll not bother going into more detail)
  4. ARCHIVED-Mouthpiece Guest

Yeah, I actually did go with a Fury in the end :) At first I didn't know there were programs such as Keyclone allowing your keystrokes to affect both instances of the game at the same time, and so I thought it would be counter-productive to have 2 buttonmashing classes. After I realized I wouldn't have to constantly alt tab between spell casts my 2nd character choices opened up considerably :)