Who said we were useless

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

I found this quite heartening

[IMG]

Coral is a warlock and Loioi is a Berserker... Jarlath being our healer
  2. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Heh, nice. How'd that happen?
  3. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

where do I get the parser so I can track my dps
  4. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

what you can't see in the screenshot is the other guys AFK tags. just kidding good job, we do have some good DPS it's just that most fights are so short we dont' have the time to show what we can really do.
  5. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

That was killing Varsoon for my manastone...
    Got the parser at www.combatstats.com
    usually only posts numbers but i did a little tinkering with it, and added the words
  6. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

I'm honestly getting sick of doing epic mobs. At first I went all out, it made me smile knowing I could take agro without really trying. But I've started pacing myself and I still take it like I'm the only one fighting.
    Does every tank I've grouped with only have app 1 taunts?

The spells I use are plague of rats, lvl 40 snare (forgot the name) swarm of bats my lvl 30 training power rot and ... the spell that makes them throw up (I'm sorry for the lack of spell names, I just got off work) I don't chain cast these either. What am I doing wrong? You would think that I'm not doing enough damage, no? I can end with half power, and I don't eat my pet throughout the entire battle.
    Int is roughly 275 with self buffs, depending on who I'm grouped with I can reach 330 easily. (Yah, I'm gonna own when that combat revamp comes out)

Message Edited by Nainitsuj on 08-08-2005 10:44 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

ouch... the 4 of us listed there usually group together for about everything, and i have rarely been able to steal aggro from her... if i do its not for long.

got invited by a paladin yesterday who actually had my pet steal aggro from him, and decided that my pet should tank instead of him...

ooooh... champion now with a blue name
    Message Edited by Greggthegrmreapr on 08-09-2005 04:30 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

You are proud by doing 145 dps (which sucks btw)? Or you are proud that you are doing more dps than this slacking warlock?
  9. ARCHIVED-Fierce Rage Guest

It's funny that this post had come up. A couple of days ago I was with a pickup group where we were camping the names for the FBSS heritage quest. On every named mob that we encountered I had to either feign death or die. I was level 44 at the time and the tank was a level 47 berzerker. The berzerker could not hold the aggro for nothing. When the mob was down to between 25% and 50% was when the mob would aggro to me. I didn't nuke once and I never finished a HO. All I did was send my pet in and cast rats and DOT's the whole time. I actually got accused of overnuking, lol. I had to tell them that the tank was not doing his job at managing the aggro and I was only casting DOT's. I have been on raids where I was higher level than the main tank, but I have never had problems like this to where I had to fend for myself like what I had to. The whole point of the story is some people don't know how to play their toons. If the MT can't keep the aggro off of us, just imagine how bad it is for wizzies and warlocks and tier 1 DPS'ers. If the MT has only app 1 taunts we are going to be in alot of trouble. Too bad I couldn't see my DPS while in this group. Personally I was laughing the whole time.
    Message Edited by Fierce Rage on 08-09-2005 01:00 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-K'aldar Guest

chill dude.... gj Kopic :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

I'm glad your "ub3r 1337ness" is better than me... i did good in my mind and if you don't like it, i know an ogre who needs his [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] kissed
  12. ARCHIVED-Methesa Guest

Thats pretty cool. I'm used to outdamaging most of the zerkers though. In a short fight they'll have us in DPS (currently) and in a short/medium fight a warlock will probably have us also, but in a longer fight a necro can maintain their level of dps much longer i've noticed. And while a zerkers damage will start off huge and crumble over time, ours ramps up more. I'm proud of my necro, In some raid encounterd i've been known to do 300+ dps. (should keep in mind that i have a LOT of master spells though)

Props to the **** classes outplaying themselves! woot!

(but, i'll admit, i do know a warlock that has exceded 560dps a couple times - holy crap!
    Message Edited by Methesa on 08-10-2005 04:30 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Hehe good job....it's all about the power and sustained DPS. I've noticed over and over now that I simply cannot stop myself from getting agro in long fights. Warlocks are awesome in short fights, but when everyone else is oop, we just relentlessly keep up the DPS.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kuvala Guest

Warlocks never run out of power either. We are very mana efficient and have excellent health to power spells. This will change in Sept, as it will for other clases, and then the necro lifetap will become a huge incentive to have necros in raids. Invicta should be ready for prime time by then I hope.
    By the way, the stats that the OP posted clearly indicate that the warlock was AFK most of the fight.
    Topaz Majora, 50 Warlock of Rockeaters (Oasis)
    Invicta Majora, 40 Necromancer of Loregasm (Oasis)
  15. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

nice and yeah warloks never run out of mana.guild necro pushes out 300 dps but its still crazy seeing warlok doing 5-700 on fights hehehe.summoners dont have mana prob as well as warlok/wizards unless the wizzys are stuck mana pumping lol.
  16. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

You would be amazed by how much agro you can generate by dot stacking. With your pet (dot), dogs/swarm (dot), and then put on 3-4 more dots and you are doing extreme damage and the mob will notice you.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nefarien Guest

I was under the impression pets and swarm pets did not count towards personal hate. Is this incorrect?
  18. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

Was the warlock 5-6 levels lower than you and not able to land spells due to resists? Or was he afk?

Try doing the fight again, but let him know you're parsing beforehand. That's the good thing about combatstats, it gets the people who would rather slack off casting (he was obviously slacking that fight).
  19. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

From personal experience I would assume that is incorrect, but I have no hard data.
    However from observation, if send in the dogs too early, I can get agro very easily.
    Try it with fighting more than one mob. You can have your pet on one mob as its target and have the other mobs agrod to your pet.
    You cast dogs on any mob your pet is not directly targeted and that mob will come at you.
    That tells me that the dogs do have agro associated with them.
  20. ARCHIVED-MisterE Guest

i have noticed that as well working more than one mob like for writs and such. send in pet on one target agro another with pet then cast rats on second target switch pet back to first target without fail with zero casting that second target will come at me within 15 seconds. On another note it is very possible for your tank to hold agro. My guild MT is AWSOME at holding agro but we make a point to work as a group at least once a week and esp. if i have gotten a recent upgrade to master on my spells. Then we practice to make sure i can maximize my dps and she can maximize her agro management and still maintain a reasonable level of power. Getting the tank to realize that they do agro management and not dps is the toughest part but when it happens it is a beutifull thing and you will start to see numbers in the 180 to 200 range. Just takes work. Good luck in your search for dps. Just remember in the long fight we are a machine much like a diesel we take a while to get there but when we do hehe watch out!!!