Who is Ullkorruuk?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Mustang8259, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

I've played since EQLive (Left that game right before Luclin came out) took a break, and have since been playing EQII from release, and thought I knew who pretty much all the major players were as far as lore goes, but I can see i'm missing information on a major new player in this story... So as the title asks "Who is Ullkorruuk?" is this someone from the original EQLive story/lore? Or is this someone thats only come around since EQII? I'm seeing her mentioned in a lot of places in the new AoD lore but have to admit I don't ever remember seeing the name mentioned much before now, can anyone provide some background info/stories to help bring the rest of us (assuming i'm not the only confused lore junkie) up to speed on whats currently going on in the game lore-wise?
    *edited because I can't type/spell =P*
  2. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

If you type "Ullkorruuk" in the Search this forum box you should receive 61 messages regarding that name. They are great to go through for information and background. Some of the responders no longer play the game to our great loss and the comments are beyond worth.
    You can also find out more information if you run the Everling line of quests in Nek Castle.
    Glad you brought this question up!!
  3. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Ullkorruuk is the demi-goddess of Betrayal.
    She was a Knight of Marr who was corrupted by Inny. She killed her lover (also a Knight of Marr, who we now find out was to be deified) because she thought he was cheating on her, and in doing so turned on Erollisi and defiled a temple of love. After, she was deified by Inny to her current position.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Ullkorruuk, Lady of Betrayal. First introduced in Nektropos Castle. You can see a statue dedicated to her in the chaple room. She is the patron diety of the Everling Family. She is a key figure in many of the books you can obtain from quests in Nektropos Castle.
    Also she has been a key figure in the Erollisi Day quests for many years now. The book obtained 3 years ago details Ullkorruuk's origin as a mortal follower of Erollisi and one of the guards in Marr's Keep. After surviving an attack on the Keep by agents of Innoruuk when her lover sacrificed himself to save her and Erollisi herself intervining to save him, the guard instead of being grateful to have her lover back was jelouse of his new devotion to Erollisi. Instead, she chose to assassinate him and disappear. That was her first act of betrayal on her journey to becomming Ullkorruuk.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

Ok so if we first see anything having to do with her in Nek Castle (I get who we're talking about now) then this is EQII original lore? No references of her in EQLive back in the day?
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Mustang8259 wrote:
    None.
  7. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

Ullkorruk's story is so similar to Saryrn, it always makes me think that the two are one in the same.
    Saryrn of course being a loyal follower of Erollisi Marr as well until she caught her lover in the bed of another woman. I believe Saryrn was one of the Sisters of Erollisi that would be out on that old Island n the Ocean of Tears, back in EQ1.

I guess the differences are is that Illkorruuk never really caught her lover with someone else, and as I remember Saryrn's story, she actually caught them in the act and killed them straight away.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

As I remember Saryrn's story she never saw her lover with another woman. Rather she was tormented by his absence. He left for a war, and never returned. As the years drew on her longing grew rather than diminish. Inny touched her and twisted that longing into torment.
    After a time she used her great beauty and now wicked and depraved mind to tempt and then torment men. After a number of such acts Inny approached her and elevated her to become the Goddess of Torment.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Meirril wrote:
    This. Her story was retconned in a later EQlive expansion that only came out a couple years ago. That crap about catching her BF cheating on her isn't canon here until otherwise noted.
  10. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

I'm filled with Falsehoods.
    Link the Retcon please? I remember what you are talking about actually, I think all of their backgrounds were listed there..
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I remember seeing it linked from the main EQlive website a while back. I think it was part of the Secrets of Faydwer expansion.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Ully's betrayal was more becuase to 'restore' Callum, her lover, Erollisi kissed him. and naturally, he bragged about it. a lot. to the point where Selena (ully as a mortal) becames insanely jealous of E.marr and/or thinking of the goddess as more a 'harlot' then a loving goddess. she killed Callum, beheading him and leaving his head on E.marrs alter saying something along the lines of if she wanted him that bad she could have him before she left the temple.