Who is Dr. Arcana?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ever since entering the Colosseum of Valor in Planes of Prophecy, I've been seeing an Erudite named Dr. Arcana. He seems to be tasked with public quests and missions. I see him walking around the elemental planes in the Chaos Descending expansion, and apparently he's in charge of missions in Luclin as well.

Is there any backstory to him? He must be pretty important if he keeps showing up over the last three expansions.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well his outfit hearkens back to Withered Lands and his facial structure looks like an erudite. Come to think of it, I don't remember any erudites in DoV areas like Great Divide, WL and Cobalt Scar. Maybe he's wearing a humanoid illusion?

Just guessing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

The mage spot in the Avengers raid team was already taken up by Dr. Strange and the Red Witch, so here he is.
  4. Seth Well-Known Member

Dr. Arcana was in the order of the Darkwater circle that is why he is an erudite, he was then sent on a mission to gather intelligence on otherworldly beings appearing over norrath, that is why you see him in PoP and BoL. He Discovered a way to temper with dimentional portals back to the beings parallel world and that is why he also gives you the missions, he does not have the power ( as us heroes do ) to travel through the portal that is why he is always there and that is pretty much who Dr. Arcana is.
  5. madang New Member

Please. Take a look at his outfit, his walk, his hat. Ever wonder where the Undertaker from WWE ended up?
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

He reminds me more of Shrike from Mortal Engines mixed with a little Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs..I half expect a van or an icecream truck to come around the corner every time I see him..creepy dude
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Is there a source on this?
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

No i made it up, sounds good tho
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Darkwater Circle...is that supposed to be an evil version of the Deepwater Circle? :D
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

It's the chaotic neutral one. The evil one is Blackwater Circle.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Good one! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Bootlee New Member

He is a Troubador when a merc