Who Buys These Items in The Blinding?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilgracie, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Evilgracie Member

Hail All: Who are the NON-GUILD NPCs who buy status items and dropped items a merchant might buy for a few coins in the Blinding please? Many thanks in advance...
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer for your question. You can try asking on your server's chat (gen, crafting etc) see which guild offers their amenities to visitors. There's some in each server.

Alternatively, you can join a leveling guild and offer to sell those items under their flag. Then leave right after.

I'll still look around, as it would be interesting to know if there is an npc outside of the guild halls that serve this purpose.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think there is a merchant in any of the moon zones that purchases status loot items.

If you have access to a guild hall, then there's probably a Commodities Export Hireling amenity there that will purchase status items. Guilds can change the purpose label on this NPC, and in my guild hall it's labeled "Junk Vendor", so you may need to look at a couple of GH hirelings if you are in a guild hall furnished by creative folks.

Otherwise, Status items are sold to city adventure guilds to obtain status points. There are four adventure guilds in each city; Fighter, Mage, Priest, and Scout. Each guild will only give you status for their matching type of status item.

If I'm running out of bag space, I generally throw this stuff into one of my broker boxes and then when I get back to town, I unload the status loot back into my bags and sell it to the appropriate NPCs.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. Evilgracie Member

Thank you for the replies. I used to have no trouble selling my status and junk items to various NPCs, but somewhere along the line, maybe PoP or CD, the vendors don't even see the items. I tried various NPCs in various cities, but it's very hit or miss. I don't belong to a guild as I play solo, but I suspect some guilds have their amenities open to all. Just can't understand why, especially junk items, are so problematic. I'd rather not get the drops at all if they are so difficult to manage.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

There's an NPC in Neriak that buys them. It's in the same building as where you form guilds. There are probably others, but I know that one works.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  6. Cheesenabber Active Member

Mistress Thora in New Halas will buy them if you are good. Qeynos and Kelethin I think you still have to go to each guild to sell the right items to\
    WhysperWynde and Xianthia like this.
  7. Evilgracie Member

He does indeed!! Thank you so much. I'm based in Freeport and doesn't seem Freeport has an equivalent. I went to the associated guild type in Freeport, but he wasn't interested. The merchant I used to sell to in Freeport isn't interested either. Looks like Kelethin and Frostfang Sea also have "all" merchant, but yes, the one in Neriak gladly traded coin and status for my items. Finally!
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In Freeport and Qeynos, you'd have to go to the fighter guild, the mage guild, the scout guild, and the priest guild. I haven't done that in a long while, it may be that any one of the four factions will buy all your status item loot.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. parissa Well-Known Member

Maesy Colmiter (status merchant) she is in the building with the banker and the weekly/daily quest givers.. Across from the broker :)
    Dude, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

I actually really like having the status merchant in the blinding zone so I don't have to wait for my guild hall to load with all its stuff in it lol... I hope they keep doing that with new expacs... and for people who are unguilded
  11. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

This is a different question about The Blinding = how do you get into the Blinding? Do you have to be a certain level? I see that I can't just enter the zone. Any help is appreciated!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

The first time in, you have to be level 110 and have completed the BoL prelude quest.
    Breanna likes this.