/who all Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Bulzie, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Bulzie Guest

Is there a /who all Zone command that lets me see all people in a certain zone? I know i can just do a / to show me all in my current zone. But if I am in Sinking Sands and want to see if anyone is in Antonica, is there a command like /who all Antonica or something. I know that command I just typed does not work as its looking for a character name of Antonica.
  2. ARCHIVED-Terabethia Guest

Nope, there is no way currently to check another zone other than to go there and just to a /
    However, you can do a /who 10 all which will show all level 10 players, and so one with each level. But you will be doing a lot of counting and "whoing" to find out. Also, the query caps at 100, so you will only see 100 people if there are 101 or more in zone.
  3. ARCHIVED-MuscularBeaver Guest

The cap doesn't seem to matter in any of the zones on the Bazaar server where I play. I've never seen it hit 100, let alone exceed it. Last night, there were a total of 60 players in Antonica when I did a /who.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yax Guest

GMs and Guides can already do this. I believe the reason we can't is that it would make it possible to get pretty exact population numbers. EQ1 had a /who all count feature that would give you exact figures, and it was removed at the same time as population counts at server select.
  5. ARCHIVED-MuscularBeaver Guest

You can get pretty close to exact population statistics on all the WoW servers, right down to class and level breakdown and alliance vs. horde.

I wonder why this information is so easily available regarding WoW, but is being intentionally obfuscated by SOE regarding EQ2 servers?
  6. ARCHIVED-MuscularBeaver Guest

I should add that this isn't strictly about avoiding embarrassment. It's embarrassing to Blizzard how many more alliance players there are than horde. Blizzard made a HUGE blunder by making all the horde characters ugly compared to alliance, and it shows in the numbers. Yet you can still get at these numbers anyway.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

Alot of MMO games try to "hide" numbers for one reason or other.. but you CAN always do /who all 1 10 etc and count by level.. It doesnt include anon or role people though.

As for server population, my server has 2 instances of certain zones every day during primetime (like SS for example) and a pretty high number of people even in non-primetime. Ive also played on a few other servers and the "popular" zones are always busy.