Whirl of Permafrost

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Sinaya, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

I was in Scion of Ice today with another Warden and for some reason her Whirl of Permafrost (Ward Line Echos of Faydwer AA - melee convertsion of Winds of Permafrost) kept giving her the "No enemies in range" message, despite us both standing in the same group of monsters.
    Have any other Wardens had this issue? I have a theory that the new Slash / Crush / Pierce de-buff associated with the Permafrost spell / combat art had something to do with it. Perhaps having the de-buff on a monster protects it from getting hit with Whirl again? Any tips or info would be helpful. Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

I've had that issue as well, but it was in certain places in Lavastorm, and pre-expansion. I think it's a result more of zone geometry than anything... it always happens for me in specific locales.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

Another possible bug with this skill is that if I use Whirl of Permafrost on a monster, (thus putting the combat skill de-buff on them) I can't hit the same monster with Winds of Permafrost, (the spell version, as opposed to the combat art version.)
    I'm using a Grandmaster version of Winds, Rank 5 Combat Art of Whirl. Whirl will override Winds, despite the spell version having a higher debuff and damage value, but I get a "Would not affect target" message when I try to go the other way. Grr.
  4. ARCHIVED-blaiddur Guest

I have had the same issue in conservatory on the roper name. as the only warden. All of my other cas will hit (and all spells). I can even stand ontop the tank and it wont hit the mob.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheVekk Guest

this is becuse they added a debuff to that CA/Spell, it would seem that the melee version of this will override the spell version not allowing you to cast it till the melee one has expired or been removed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fyrion Guest

Let me get this straight: I'll always get the melee level debuff even if I cast the spell instead?