which tradeskill?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Nomac83, May 6, 2021.

1. Nomac83 New Member

Hi folks,

I've been playing EQ2 again since today and have created a fury for myself .I am now thinking about which profession I should learn ... tailor for armor or rather a sage for spells? What do you all mean?
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

Since you are going to have to rely on others no matter what profession you choose (since you need armor, weapons, food/drink, accessories, spells, etc), I always tell people to pick the one that they enjoy doing the most. Some people don't mind making spell, after spell, after spell, after spell. (You don't get to make notebooks until in the 50s). Others would prefer to make armor, bags, hex dolls, cloaks, etc. Still others would rather just take it easy with making food and drink (provisioner), or furniture and boxes (carpenter), and so on.

There tend to be plenty of each of the crafting classes on a server, so it isn't urgent that you pick what others think you "should" do based on your adventuring profession.

Just my two cents,
    ~Mum

(As an aside, that font color is very hard for tired old eyes to read - thankfully, I can highlight it with the mouse cursor to be able to see it more easily!)
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Nomac83 New Member

hihi okay thanks! How can I display a second spell bar?
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Do you mean adding a second hotbar on your screen? If so, right-click on your current hotbar in-game and there is an option to "open new hotbar"
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Nomac83 New Member

ahh so easy! :) Thank you very much! First I play free-to-play on the Thurgadin server. I thought maybe it would be good if I could make my own spells or armor because the population is very low. I have also read that the auction house is hardly usable because the prices are supposed to be beyond good and bad. (and ... sorry for the font color !! :))
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

If it's a choice between sage and armourer go with sage. Spells you will have to get from the broker otherwise, armour and weapons drop freely from mobs and quests.
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  7. Nomac83 New Member

okay thank you