Which Tradeskill?

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Puck, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Gonna roll up a new Troubadour. My other one is Carpenter so need new ideas!
    Was thinking...
    Woodworking - makes arrows, bows, shields. Useful to a point.
    Weaponsmith - weapons. However Im going bow Troub as I've always wanted, and after reading others' strategies it seems what I thought an EQ Bard should have always been.
    Jeweler - makes CA's. However, I have always been of the mentality that wasting time on CA's before 92 is a waste. They get replaced too quickly to worry with. What few I do work up is through the Research system. So work up an entire TS just for a couple 92 CA's? Doesnt appeal much when I can buy them. There is also jewelry, and my focus is more gear.
    I also have not done much research into what the TS Apprentices for each make so if you want to add any tidbit advice concerning these I'd love to hear it. :)

Troubadour really is one of those classes that can benefit from anything but not really benefit from any of it. Decisions decisions.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

doesn't matter in the slightest what tradeskill you pick, if you already have a carpenter for your general non combat needs then consider

woodworking for free totems (which are like a gold each on the broker?)
    alchemy for potions (which again . are a gold on the broker)
    provisoner ... this ^
    weapon/armor smith wont provide a benefit at 92 but obviously making your own armor while leveling up cheapens the cost - then you could just collect the mats and sell them for profit then buy your armor at a fraction of the price to level your stuff =)

personally i despise the incredible timesink tradeskilling currently is, but i did make my troub a woodworker to make my own arrows.. which turned out to be "meh" just adorned my extra raid gear set with ammo conservation adorns >:)