Which Tank?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Drona, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am a returning player after 2/3 year break from EQ2. Currently I have a SK, Zeker and Bruiser at level 95. My play style is mainly solo and heroic dungeons. I don't believe I will be raiding so I really want to pick a tank for heroics. Given this, which of my 3 tanks are better suited for this in the current expansion and why please?

On general note, which tank is in demand for heroics and raids (just in case I get dragged down for these lateron!)
  2. Sure Active Member

Sk and Zerk are pretty common, Zerk maybe easier to play than SK, both do well in heroics, Bruiser they seem rare these days am guessing most betrayed to Monk or quit, not sure why, I don't know why.

As far as demand goes, get good at which ever one you pick and you will be in demand for your circle of friends when you make them.

As far as raids go, depends on your luck at being at the right place at the right time and taking it for which ever class. Anyway, GL you got a ton of work to get caught up, even with the alt friendly expac, find a good/nice guild that helps you if you can. :)
    Drona likes this.
  3. Relanah Active Member

Honestly, whatever you find the most fun to play.

The more you enjoy the class, the easier it is to put in the time to excel at it (Which can bring even an "Off-meta" choice into being good)

However, from what I gather:

A number of raid guilds are using Zerker's as their MT.

Most people I hear talking about HCs mention how strong SK's are.

Bruisers... Exist. Theoretically. (Apparently a lot of Tank mains have gone Pally recently...)

Take that for what you will.

Realistically, all 3 are decent for HC's, they all have good damage (Thus threat) and can survive well enough. For Raids, I think that Bruisers have fallen off, while SK and Zerker are still top tier.
    Drona likes this.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

@Sure and @Relanah

Thanks both for your replies. I think I might level all 3 to level 100 and then decide which one to take 110.

Any tips for leveling from 95 to 100? Where is the best place to go etc?

I checked on my sever and there only 10+ level 110 Zekers as opposed 30+ SK and PAL!

Thanks
  5. Sure Active Member

Probably agnostics for 95-100, if you want PL, if you want to quest, probably do the AoM solo time line, or grind in AoM Broken Skull contested, or maybe High Keep contested off of Vess Isles, though they did nerf the hell out of lot contested XP.

So Agnos are prob your best bet if you can hire a good PL'er or get in on a guild grp that does that sort of thing for free for their members. 100+ you will solo quest to 110 in PoM stuff, xp from grinding is simply not an option if you want to stay sane anyway. :)