Which T1-T4 spells and traits are still used at 50?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-dzenith, Jun 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-dzenith Guest

I'm trying to figure out which spells to make sure to upgrade as my necro levels, however I'm only interested in upgrading the abilities that are still viable to use at level 50. I have taken a look at the spell lines however I've been having some problems understanding which nukes and dots are on the same timers (AE and single target). Are any of the T1 and T2 spells that are on different timers than the later spells in the same line worth adept3ing ? Since we are getting trait respec with the combat/spell changes, what traits do you consider the best to pick to level with and then what should you aim to have for traits at level 50?

Thanks greatly in advance for any advice that can be given. I also apologize if this info is in another post somewhere, I've been looking through the forum and can't seem to find any good compiled info on this.
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

also....

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=6114&query.id=0#M6114
  4. ARCHIVED-dzenith Guest

Thanks guys. So to summarize what are in those threads:
    T1: Nothing worth upgrading. I assume the dps of lightning burst and static pulse is simply not worth using at lvl 50 because we have enough spells to cast without them ? We have an upgrade to magi's shielding ? Or does a concentration limitation make it not worth casting with later buffs ?
    T2: Essence shift(or training), soothe servant, agitation. Splintering essence is listed in one list but not the other. We do get heart upgrades to this spell, but is it still worth using at 50 ? Dust blast and bludgeoning earth are both also too low of dps to be worth upgrading?
    T3: Nothing.

T4: Rotting thrall, plague of rats, words of the wicked, ghastly stench.

Message Edited by dzenith on 06-27-2005 09:48 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

In regards to T1 and T2, Magi's Shielding is unupgradable and always levels with you to 50. Agitation is a good one to upgrade unless you get the lvl 20 training option Opal's Aggrivating Seal. They are on the same timer and the training option is better.
    Eirgorn
  6. ARCHIVED-dzenith Guest

I'm torn between whether it is better to:
    Trait 10: Take the trait upgrade to magi shielding or static pulse.

Trait 20: Take the trait upgrade to agitate or essence shift
    I could adept3 whichever ones I didn't trait. What would you guys choose?
  7. ARCHIVED-Natural Twenty Guest

I took the Fallen Hero at level 20 and haven't been disappointed. If you hurry and do so yourself before the combat patch is finished, you will get a respec that you can use later on once the Fallen Hero isn't good anymore, to get rid of him and pick a different selection instead. =)