Which skill, dagger or sword?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Declarent, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Declarent Guest

I've just become a Rogue, and I have a choice of some nice dual wield weapons. One is the Kukri which uses the sword skill, and the other is the dagger, which uses the (duh) dagger skill.

So, which should I be advancing in? When I become a Swashbuckler, am I going to want to leave the daggers behind and go more towards swords? Are there any special Swash items later that are more classic "Swashbuckler" weapons, like rapiers?
  2. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

Dagger and sword go up automatically. All weapon types to. These only determine what you can equip.

The skills that must be raised are Slashing, piercing, and ranged ( as far as scout weapons are concerned). So all slahsing weapons share the slashing skill, and all piercing weapons share the piercing skill. Keep a piercing weapon in one hand and a slashing weapon in the other to raise them both :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Draigo Guest

some skills have a higher cap per level , just check your skill list and check caps/skill level for pierce/slash

ps

2 rapiers will always look cool ;)
    Message Edited by Draigo on 11-15-2004 04:46 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Bihlbo Guest

Yeah, I love my two rapiers. Looks very awesome.
  5. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

I try to keep slashing AND piercing up. There are times i get a sword that is better and times I get a dagger or rapier that is better. For awhile, I used 2 whips (slashing) and now I use a dagger and a rapier.
    Message Edited by Naggybait on 11-19-2004 04:48 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Biscuet Guest

Don't know about you guys but between making poison and trying to lvl and get new abilities(improvements) I cannot afford to buy arrows for my bow=p I barely have enough for spells and new gear etc.

Biscuet
    Message Edited by Biscuet on 11-20-2004 08:43 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Q724 Guest

I'm level 14 and the cost of poisons has gone up to 3S a piece. No way I can afford that in the long run if the price keeps ramping up like that which is a real shame but arrows at 2cp each are bearable.
  8. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

What poison can you use at 3sp at level 14? Dont ever buy poison from players :p And dont make it yourself either... its a rip off for now. Grab yourself the 50 skill 26cp Acidic goo. Cant go wrong.

Im using my swashy rapier and an iron rapier for the moment. I think Im gonna grab a Kukri or short sword for my off hand to keep skill capped.

BTW, When you get to thundering steppes ( level 18ish for a duo) you can start making some real money. Normal mob loot ranges from 1s-15s.
  9. ARCHIVED-Valknir Guest

I use Rapier and dagger and its a pretty awesome look!
  10. ARCHIVED-Ozturk Guest

I use both. I may find a super slashing (or piercing) weapon, say at lvl 47 and not being able to use it efficiently would be embarrassing and waste of time. Besides, skills go up very fast, you can easily max them both. My advice is get a piercing wep on one hand and slashing wep on the other, this way you can improve both skills at the same time. Demirturk - lvl 12 rogue - Qeynos (Server:Runnyeye)