Which Pet to use?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-katieannikins, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-katieannikins Guest

Hi, fairly new necro here, just hit 31 last night. Up till now been pretty much solo with the odd PUG thrown in every now and then.

Because I've been soloing I've been using my tank pet all the time but had a couple of groups in SH that I used my caster pet and we did ok. Two nights ago though got my first RoV group and was quite surprised when I switched to my caster pet and he kept getting killed by the mobs. I'd send him in once the tank engaged and he'd usally stand by me for a while and throw out a few DoT's etc and then he'd go running into melee with the mob and pretty quick after get himself killed.

After a few deaths I switched back to the tank pet and he didn't get killed once although I'm not sure how much he was actually helping the MT lol.

I kinda got the impression up till now that tank pets were for soloing and caster pets were for groups, was I wrong? Because my caster pet was certainly not great in RoV :smileysad:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Caster pets are great for groups IF they dont pull agro off the MT.

I had the same thing when i started in runnyeye and found that the tank just couldnt manage the hate from my warlock pet so i switched back to the scout. Good tanks are a must and if necessary just learn to use /petbackoff after a few hits so a) your pets moves recycle b) Its hate goes down.