Which Mage Class

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kengin, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Kengin New Member

I am currently stuck between trying to decide a mage class to role. I do not have AoD so mercs are out of the question but I love soloing, I do wish to group mid game to endgame but I dont want to role a class that I have to group just to level up. I am currently trying to decide between a necromancer and coercer, I would prefer one of those, but Im still debating it... Any advice on the ups and the downs of mage type classes would help greatly!
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If you don´t have accsess to mercs, i would recomend a necromancer, as the pet can take a bit and the necro it self can do (but not a must) nice dps. Coercer don´t have a real pet that can tank..... which didn´t turn agro sometime randomly.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

For the solos timelines both are equaly good.
    For "real" solo, necro wins hands down with Lifetap, huge pet heal (with AA) and Feign Death when things get really bad ;)
    For grouping opportunities, coercers win. Every group wish to have either a coercer or an illu while a necro will have to "fight" against wiz, lock, conj, assassin, ranger, BL, brig and swach for the typical 2 DPS spots. (Don't get me wrong, unlike a few years ago, necros are welcome in groups but it's usualy faster to find one as a coercer)