Where'd the experience go in Chains of Eternity?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feneant, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Feneant New Member

Now pardon my ignorance, I was away playing another game for some time and returned for Chains of Eternity.

I did all the quest in the Eidolon zone with my merc, no experience potion, just the 200% vitality and now that I am finished I am only 65% in level 92... so when I go to the Sleeper's Tomb to progress, the level 100 named guys are pretty difficult and their special moves kill me.

What is up with that? Has progression changed somehow, it used to be that you'd level with the content but now after doing the entire zone I have to go back to old places.

As a comparison, people are getting 92-95 in Skyshrine in about 3-4 hours and you can craft 92-95 in about half an hour using potions.

This should have been caught and fixed in beta no?
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

At least, i didnt read any redone stating to this, but well i just pushed the toon and then enjoyed the story.... even it is not the way it should :confused:
  3. Kwikdeath Active Member

I got from 92 to 93.5 doing the entire sig line on my main, then went to Skyshrine and got 93.5 to 95 in about 20 min with a guild grp. Got Monk and Wizzy from 92 to 95 in about 45min each just farming trash in instances and hitting contested in between waiting for resets (no way I was doing that sig line on an alt yet...maybe after the tedium has worn off in a few weeks--going back and forth across zones /= content).

I'm not sure the thought process behind making the sig quest take 10 times as long and reward half the xp of grinding for 45 min in Skyshrine, but whatever... The effect is okay occasionally, but not something I would care too much about on a non-raiding alt.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

Yup the exp is horrible in CoE. You could mentor to level 10 and get better exp in Forest Ruins. The body drop gold and reward is really bad as well. Not what youd expect from end game.
  5. Salavar Active Member

They left the COE experience in Skyshrine me thinks!
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Questing XP has been horrible for a few expacs now. Its a shame really.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  7. GrouchyMouse Active Member

The merc take 30% of your xp. I had more math minded roomies do the numbers when I showed them how much I gained with and without the merc.

I gained more without the merc, but certain classes just need one, and there's not usually a live healer to run with me when I do play. My Coercer ended off at L93 and 73% in. I'm going to have to hit a SS group or something to get ot L95 for raiding when the raid guid picks up again in two weeks.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a shame realy that the best places to level are no where near the new expansion.
  9. Grumble69 Member

Beta... It's not that the devs don't listen to their customers; rather, they just ignore their input because they think they know better. :p
    slippery likes this.
  10. Malachy Well-Known Member

For comparison, 92-95 took me 20min doing rush orders for my tradeskiller (no vet bonus).
  11. Lovidicus Active Member

At SOE Live I was told specifically that we wouldn't be mentoring down and returning to RoK zones to xp. They said the days of having to level in previous expansions is over.

Yet here we all are in the previous expansion hitting cap in an hour or two. Equilibrium all went to Kael, which is of course only 2 years old and probably hit 95 first.

So guess it doesn't matter what they say with their mouths, even if its in-person, its not necessarily going to be what they release. Dont get me wrong, I want xping in new expansion packs to be a little slow. I think its idiotic that we hit cap in less than an hour. Especially now that there are no AA's to grind, they're just granted. Cause heaven forbid we don't get what we want instantly. This game really is slowly morphing into wow, the community seems to want it though so I guess this just isn't the game for me, I'm the odd-one-out it would seem.
  12. crazyeyes321 Active Member

At least new players wont have to worry about gaining too much exp from green encounters. Some decisions baffle me.
  13. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I went back to Withered Lands and ran the repeatables from Alivan. It's a bit tedious, but I gained a bit of xp. The heroics in Hive of the Rogue and the valley are a bit easier to take down at L93.

I just wish the sig quest had enough xp in it to make a toon to L95.