Where to Start on a TLE Server

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by feldwebel87, Jul 10, 2019.

1. feldwebel87 Active Member

Hello,

I just started playing again after many years, and I figured the TLE server would be a good place to start. Trouble is that other players are telling me not to even bother with the Isle of Refuge and to go straight to FFS (Frost Fang Sea?). Can someone give me a decent idea of where to start playing during these first few levels?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Pharliquin Member

Hello and Welcome Home. Both Frostfang and the Evil side Darkflight Woods, have newbie staring areas. They have a string of quests that will give you armor, jewelry and eventually a mount. This is why folks mostly just jump right on over to mainland. That being said, on newbie isle you will have a small series of quest and some armor and a brief re-introduction on UI and remembering how to play (you can turn help tutorial off). Also will find some shinies for first 2 collections. I would go ahead and start there and if at anytime you wish to leave go see captain on boat. You can go into Halas, look about buy stuff or start Frostfang quests. You can always pop back to the isle via the bells. Whichever you choose have fun, make friends, ask for help. Many nice folks here, also some azzhats, just ignore them. Safe Travels
    Soara2, Geroblue, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

Frostfang Sea is the fastest leveling while Timorous Deep IMO has the most immersion. Any of the starter areas will teach you the game basics so just go with your liking and follow Pharliquin's advice, ignore azzhats.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is no Timorous Deep on Kaladim.

Personally, I prefer to start on either Queen's Colony or Overlord's Outpost. Some quests, shinies, good harvesting to get your basic crafting done when you do leave the Isle. After I finish all the quests and the collections on the Isle I go to either FP or Qeynos, then pick up the basic crafting quest which is the harvesting, then I go over to either Frostfang Sea or Darklight Woods. And I start the new player questlines there which end with a mount. I also grab the crafting questline.

It just depends on what you personally like. If you like to complete the quests then the Isle is for you. If you just want to jump into leveling and hit the cap, then just jump to either Frostfang Sea or Darklight Woods.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.