Where to get 'Fragment of Planar Energy' today ?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Satara, May 27, 2019.

1. Satara Member

Hello all !
    I need to upgrade my Epic 2.0 Spells; I've done the Timeline, I get my two Apprentice Skill and now I "just" need to drop the "Fragment of Planar Energy".
    But... which is the best place/quest today to get it ?
    I've tried with the OF Pq quest (Log Live the Emperor!) but none dropped after about 10-12 done.
    I've tried with about 80 quests (between Anchorage Tradeskill and CD Daily Tradeskill) but none dropped.

Is the drop rate so low ?
    What do you suggest me ?
    I am ready to farm any zone (old or new), just I would like to know which are the right quest to do.

2. morderir Active Member

anchorage one lesser dropped in 30+ quest. pop weekly/daily drop too sometime .
    anyway my estimation is a 5% drop rate at best on obulus pq
    welcome to the grind ....
    Dude likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of the three fragment types drop in the Anchorage mission rewards... I have gotten exactly one of each type thus far. It is a rare drop, either in Anchorage or in Obulus, so you keep killing stuff or keep harvesting stuff as is your preference.
  4. Satara Member

Do you know if Solo Outdoor quest (OF, Pop or CD) can drop fragment ?
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Dont think they can drop from those
    Best bet for lesser / superior fragments are KA/POP solos and heroics- rewards from the zone missions.
    Greater from Obulus pq and KA/POP raid weeklys , they said that CD hercoics are supposed to drop fragments yet ive not seen a single one in tons of runs since.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They drop from the Obulus Frontier PQ. I am able to solo the PQ with a couple of my toons, and you can do it every 30 mins.

But youi can do 4 Anchorage missions every hour, and they can reward fragments also.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Heccie Thump Member

I can confirm that Lesser Fragment of Planar Energy are given out as rare rewards from the CD daily overland TS quest. I got one the other day on my bruiser and promptly turned it into an Adept for one of his class spells.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

I have received all mine from the anchorage quests
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

I get 15-20 a day harvesting in CD zones now, they recently raised the drop rate. You can also get them from PoM nodes but the fastest way is just buy them off the broker.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I believe this thread is about Lesser, Superior and Greater Fragments of Planar Energy, which are the primary components for crafting epic 2.0 abilities
    Not the Planar Energy which are used as fuel for ascension upgrades.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

got 1 lesser planar frag from anchorage and 1 superior planar frag from library daily this week as well. First 2 from many MANY quests. they changed something or my luck with the r n g is better
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Heccie Thump Member

The wife got a Superior fragment from an Anchorage quest yesterday.
    Breanna likes this.