Where on Feerrott?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

Hm. If you find pages that are confusing, let us know, because they can be cleaned up. It's community edited.

As for where you go next, it's on the first line of the instructions: Go harvest 30 of each of the following in any tier 7 zone (Bonemire, Barren Sky, Tenebrous Tangle, or Loping Plains):
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

It could also be because I'm tired and it just seems confusing. Thanks, though!:D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

If https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page doesn't help, try googling "eq2" without the quotes and the specific eq2 quest name (or NPC name) right after it, whenever you have questions.

For example: eq2 this won't end well

(Just a little joke there. That's actually my fav Nights of the Dead quest, not a prediction of what will happen, lol!)

That's what I usually do! I get my answer right away, and the forums here stay less clogged that way. ;) That will bring you right to the quest or NPC page, and often there will be a /waypoint to important items, too. :)

I also google skill trees for eq2 classes and eq2 crafting mats for different tiers that way, too.
    Cyrrena, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, when you aren't sure, press J and read the quest text in the Journal window... there's almost always more detail than in the little quest window on the main screen.

In this case, it's asking you to go to Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, and Bonemire. These may only be reached from a wizard spire. Or you can ask a wizard or warlock to open a wizard portal for you (the command /who sorceror will get a list of any in your current zone). If you are a paid member, you can use Fast Travel (a little winged silver icon in the map window).

Since you are on Maj'Dul, you're welcome to come to North Qeynos to the T1 guildhall and visit Order of the Rose of Erollisi. Head left from the front door, the next room is our travel hub. Talk to our Wizard Hireling.
    iamvegano, Breanna, Siren and 2 others like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

As of today I am subbing! So all options are on the table! Oh, one more thing....this has nothing to do with adventuring/tradeskilling but can DBG cash be used to buy krono?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Only if you make a deal with someone to buy them something off the marketplace in exchange for krono.".personally I wouldnt" , otherwise its cash through DBG, or buy them for plat off the broker.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Too bad DBG cash can't buy them....
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It is possible to buy Krono with cash, but it's tough to amass the amount of plat that requires.
    Breanna, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

If at all possible I plan to use Krono to be able to keep my sub. Just have to figure out how I'm going to be able to afford it.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sell shinies and rare harvests.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Such as.....?
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Wherever you go, you harvest. Any harvests you don't need for yourself, sell on the broker. The rares usually sell for more than the commons, but even the commons can sell.

As you harvest, look for shinies. Pick them up. Any you don't use in your own collections, sell on the broker.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay.....ummm....I know this is going to sound dumb but how do I sell on the broker?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Zylara Well-Known Member

Now Im starting to think we're all being trolled
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

And you'd be wrong. Anyone who knows me knows I am definitely not a troll. I simply know nothing about selling items on the broker and the only way I know to learn is to ask questions. Before you make a remark you should always think before you do. Then if you have any doubts either don't post at all or PM that person. Making a remark as you have is very rude.:mad:
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  16. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

just to answer the question as asked.
    to use the broker simply 1. right click any city's guard, type 'broker' into the message block and click the yes or next button, a way-point to the actual broker will pop up, go there click on the NPC . or 2. click the eq2 button on your experience bar, click broker from the drop down menu.
    things to know about the broker , to sell you will need to add a container to the seller part of the page , the slots available depend on if you own a house or not , if you do not own any house at all you will have one space available .
    add any box or back pack to this space and you will have the number of spaces the bag or box had to sell things, a 24 slot bag gives 24 spaces , stacks count as one space. That being said there are special sales crates that can ONLY be used in your broker window that have far more spaces or slots than an ordinary bag, many players make and sell these for very reasonable prices.
    in the broker search word block type the search words 'sales crate' everything thats for sale from other players that match that search word will pop up in a list from lowest to highest price .
    to buy you must have your money ON you, you are buying from other players...ALL SALES ARE FINAL!! if you buy an item in error ..thats on you .. the likely-hood of getting the other player to part from your plats and do a return ...0.
    so be sure you are highlighting what you want to buy before you click the buy button . and if you do buy a spell or item in error .. there's always tossing it in Your sales crate and pricing it lower , yes you will lose money but the lesson learned will hopefully be a cheap one , but you will get at least part of the money back .
    good luck buying and selling in norrath
    Breanna, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Get a container: First, you need a container for the broker. It's helpful to have the biggest one you can manage. This container can be a backpack (crafted by tailors, largest is the Metallic Reptile Hide Backpack) or strongbox (crafted by carpenters, largest is the 48-slot Bubinga Strong Box).

There are also special salesmans crates (for example, the carpenter-crafted Eucalyptus Salesman's Crate, which will hold anything, or type specific containers such as Potion Cabinets that hold potions and poisons, Armor and Shield Racks that hold just armor and shields, and so on).

I can't recall how long you have been playing, but after you have been playing a while, try the command /claim and see what you have amidst the Veterans' Rewards. There are some Veterans' Display Cases that have a lower broker tax (that's a percentage of the sales price charged to the buyer... buyers can avoid the broker tax by going to your house or apartment, more on that in a minute).

(2) Access the broker: Various merchants in your city will sell A Market Bulletin Board for a few silver (some people also sell them on the broker at exorbitant rates). Buy one and put it on a wall in your house. Clicking this board allows you to view the broker, and it's just handy to have in your house. You can also view the broker from any of the broker NPCs you find in the cities. You may be able to view the broker from anywhere by clicking your EQ2 button and choosing the broker, which has a green icon with a handshake icon.

When you are viewing the broker, there's an area that shows six empty slots. You can drop any backpack, strongbox, or sales container into these slots. Once you have one or more containers, you can drop stuff in them to sell.

(3) Place salescrates in your house: Until or unless you get a 100% broker tax reduction box (available in some of the packs sold on the EQ2 website and not presently available --not the marketplace-- and with some expansion packages but not the upcoming BoL expansion), it's helpful to use salescrates and place them in your home. Having that Market Bulletin Board in your house comes in handy here. Click the bulletin board, then right click a salescrate, and choose the Place option. This allows you to set the salescrate down in your house as a piece of furniture. This allows someone to visit your house, click the salescrate, and buy stuff from you without paying the broker tax.

(4) Drop me a note: Send me a PM here on the forums and tell me how many toons you have on Maj'Dul, and I will make you some Eucalyptus Salesman's Crates.
    Breanna, Siren and Leloes like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Definitely get a house or apartment in a city or town if you do not have one. If you do not have one already, I would suggest getting one in either New Halas if you are good aligned or Gorowyn if you are evil aligned since those are neutral cities and players of all alignments and levels could visit your house with your sales crates in them.

Place the sales displays someplace very easily seen from where you zone into the house or apartment, people do not want to hunt for your displays. I am sure Sigrdrifa will explain all of this to you should you meet up with her in-game to receive broker boxes.
    Breanna, Pixistik and Leloes like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'll contact you soon. I need to go out harvesting. I'll probably do a lot of that during Frestfell.

I have an apartment in Qeynos. Should I get another in New Halas? I could possibly use the second apartment just for selling things.....
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Is it realistic to think it will be possible to earn 10 million plat or more each month in this manner?