Where is the ability mod?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Atan, Sep 21, 2017.

1. jessejames Active Member

I went from 450 to 600 AB mod and I didn't heard beetles. I do agree high AB mod classes like sorcerers shouldn't be hearding beetles to get 100AB mod items.

What you can say is broken is how much the primary stats make a difference. There is a huge difference in primary stats between treasured and fabled but a 100AB treasured piece makes up for that. But as of now all sorcerers should become master beetle hearders
  2. jessejames Active Member

ATAN : are you using the spell damage mount over a disc mount?
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

I've been playing around switching between them. I'm not 100% sure which one I"m sold on, but the disc seems to maybe be better.
  4. jessejames Active Member

I got the disc because i couldn't find the answer to this question.... The way it is worded sounds different then ABmod.. Is it? or does it just add 75 to AB mod? if it is different, in what way? when is it added?

ty in advance if you can provide an answer
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The majority of scout gear has melee stats, crit and potency. This is the opposite of the problem in t5, only a few classes NEED 1k+ ability mod, however the opportunity to even get that stat on gear is just horrible in a lot of slots.

Last expansion every piece of gear had ability mod unless it was select pieces, this expansion a lot of gear just has melee stats/crit/potency and not ability mod. A lot of pieces have like 0.5% potency which isn't better than 54 ability mod unless you're capped on abmod like a rogue, but so much potency is available i'd imagine even rogue's wouldn't be capped.

Going through my gear from last expansion basically every piece I wore had ability mod on it, and
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

It basically works as abmod but doesn't show up in the stat. It only applies to hostile abilities and not heals for example. It does not add damage over the abmod cap.
  7. jessejames Active Member

Read today's patch notes. looks like they are going to nerf the beetle hearding rewards. There now treasured gear won't be better than the fabled!

I would blame this thread but we all know devs don't read the forums
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm sure these items were brought to their attention in their discord.

I mean, its good clearly broken gear is fixed. I regret the hours of chasing beetles around to get them now, but I'm not surprised by it.
  9. jessejames Active Member

Probably discord .. But wouldn't know because I got banned for giving an opinion
    Atan likes this.
  10. ruthless619 Member

considering how fast stats are going to ramp up starting in KoS I wouldn't worry too much.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes stats ramp up quickly. However, for mages, it is easier to hit the Flurry break point from attack speed than it is to ability mod cap, do to the itemization.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

THIS!

It seems just silly to have that much attack speed available on a mage and not the blue stats that affect spells. But itemization is what it is.

I would prefer reforging just be enabled if they don't have time to rationalize itemization, but that is just my wish list.
    Draknox likes this.
  13. Muffincookie Active Member

Does mages or casters in general even healers even benefit from attackspeed?
  14. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I assume it will bump up the rate their wand fires or the speed with which their hammer/staff swings but it is doubtful a big upgrade to dps. Some of the priest classes have melee variants but I 'think' they are all AA based
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Wand damage is about 5-8% of the overall damage for mages, so yes attack speed helps them "some" but not enough to seek it out on gear. The wand damage is a slightly higher % of a priests over all damage, but again still not worth prioritizing.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ability Mod increases the character's abilities up to 50% of their max damage, threat, ward, or healing value; ergo, the max AB Mod you need is whatever half your biggest hit/ taunt/ward/heal is. Look yourself up at Dragon's Armory. You can hover over each stat to see what it does. Anything that is over the soft cap is marked in yellow. Anything over the hard cap is marked in red.

And for whoever was kvetching about having multiple armor sets for various scenarios, my tank mostly has always done this. Guardians used to take shield damage using an ability and had to have spares. In KOS there's a mob that literally eats your pants, damaging your leg armor, so you had to have spares. If you're not the main tank you have at least two sets of gear, one for tanking and one for max DPS. In raids where we had tough mobs that required massive resists, my toons carried sets of gear that maxxed resistance to various things. This isn't a bug, it's a feature, really.