Where Is Sigrdrifa?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Krizani, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Krizani Active Member

I've been missing all those informational posts! I hope all is well - as well as can be.
    Jaden, Dude, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

I've been missing her too and keeping my fingers crossed that she is deep in beta testing.
    Jaden, Dude and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

me to.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

It's been over a month since she last posted. :(
    Breanna likes this.
  5. MikeBob2023 Member

Where Is Sigrdrifa?

I don't know this person but a few days ago I was throwing pumpkin bombs at people in game and I bagged someone with that same name (not a variant).

I'm sure of this because the name caught my eye and I sat for some moments, trying to figure how the name should be properly pronounced.

(When I was a kid I'd ask my mom how to pronounce certain words and she'd always tell me to "sound it out." I guess it's become a lifelong habit.)

Anyway, I hope your friend is okay.
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had cat scratch fever and then have chronic fatigue. Yay, me! I didn't even know that was a real thing and not a song title. I'll be playing some when the new expansion releases, and as soon as I know what all you have to do to actually do the content, I'll put up a guide to playing Ballads of Zimara.

Sigrdrifa is Old Norse, and was the name of one of the Valkyries. It means "victory blizzard, in the sense of a swarm of arrows incoming being a "blizzard". I usually just go by Drifa (DREE-fah). The whole name is something like SEE-yur-DREE-fah.
    Athenia, Chath, Lateana and 16 others like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the Show !
    AOE1, Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its a very real thing and most definitely NOT fun..I am glad you are back amongst the family, you were missed
    Jaden, Dude and Breanna like this.
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Problem with "sounding out" names is that some names are Irish, LOL. For example, Sigrdrifa is pronounced Sugar-daddy.

Kidding! I have no idea, but it does look similar to many names I've seen from Ireland, (Siobhan, Sean, Cirrain) LOL.
    Jaden and Geroblue like this.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

Oh my, glad you're back and (hopefully) feeling a LOT better.
    Geroblue, Jaden and Dude like this.
  11. Krizani Active Member

Oh, I'm so glad to see your face! (Well, not yours exactly, but you know...)

Ugh, no fun at ALL with fatiguing illnesses. I've been coping with multiples of those for many years and EQ has saved my sanity (more or less). Sorry it took you away from the keyboard. So, so happy to see you back!

Edit to add: Thanks to the mod for redirecting this to the right forum - I boo-boo'd when I first posted it.
    Jaden, Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  12. Maldaris Active Member

Good to know Drifa is still powering forward. Cerilynn says 'hi', by the way.
    Sigrdrifa and Geroblue like this.