Where is Nagafen?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mordox, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mordox New Member

Hi i just just payed for the Membership to be able to create a caracter on Nagafen … but it wouldnt let me complete the character creation, because Nagafen Server isn't in the list to select.
    I couldn't even find the Right category to place this to support...

Later on I saw that there is no Nagafen Server in the Server Status Page … so what is this about?
    I want to play on a pvp Server and this is why i payed for Membership...
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Nagafen is a seasonal PVP season, and it's currently in between seasons, so it doesn't currently exist.

Meant to be back some time in the new year
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Mordox New Member

I do not have the time and the nerves to comply with a model like this
    I want my money back!
    Why don't create a permanent pvp Server again?
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Daybreak is currently discussing bringing back a permanent EQ2 PvP server early next year.

You wouldn't have wanted to be on the seasonal server: I logged in several times in October, and I was 1 of only 2 people showing up in a /who all both times.

People were totally not into having their characters wiped and having to start again from scratch every 3 months. It was by far the biggest complaint last March during beta, but Daybreak stubbornly continued it this way through two different 3 month seasons. They did fix some other issues (like not allowing any PLs straight to cap coming out of the gate), though, and they are listening now.

It will be interesting to see if the new permanent server is a TL Progression server that launches at vanilla. They were on the right track with Deathtoll that way (many things were added to the game in later years that hurt open PvP), and I hope this new one is similar to it, with better gear and class balance.

I also hope they run a long beta on it first, too, for at least a month if not longer, to iron out all the potential exploits and kinks before it goes live.
  5. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Devs!....please please please! DO NOT launch a permanent pvp that is locked at Vanilla or DoF. It needs to start with KoS at the very least. Seasons 1 and 2 were basically a beta, and a fair amount of issues between seasons were addressed, which we appreciate. This server does not have to match a PVE TLE's release or progression. Let this server be independent. You have a dedicated pvp fan base that still continues to come back after everything that has happened. Don't take advantage of them. Just get back to the basics, nothing new or fancy. We just want the original Nagafen basics. I and many other vets are more than willing to converse and share idea's on what exactly we mean by "get back to the basics" and what a successful pvp server should look like.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Fensy New Member

They couldn't get a pvp server right with a multi billion dollar budget