Where does the fast track route to end game content begin? 2/13/17

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tooloose, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Tooloose Active Member

So let's say I'm making my first appearance onto Everquest 2, I'm an illusionist, and I'm using the instant level 100 bonus from purchasing KA with the sole interest of raiding and nothing else. I'm digging around for end game content guilds who raid in a non relaxed setting and all I have to my name is full masters, Max AA, and copious amounts of platinum.

Besides maxing my AA, having good quality spells, and being able to play my class properly... What will be expected of me and whats the fastest way to achieve a spot in the raid besides the obvious?

What's my first move? What quests should be done? What takes precedence?

Please be super informative, I'm going to be recording all of this info somewhere and compiling a list of my own later on down the road so I can slap it into a tome for my guild to read and eventually give what I've collected over to someone else to make use of it.

Cheers lads and lasses.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Get the twark HC gear first or even better. Your starting gear was designed for ToT, not KA. Potency, potency and more potency!

All I can suggest, sorry.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Epic 2.0 prereqs, do languages when possible, tons of potency. Grind tithe. Key quests in KA, advanced solos. Do obulus weeklies. Thats about it off the top of my head, others may have more.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'll put this sort of in order of how they should be completed:

First, get yourself the handcrafted or mastercrafted twark/bloodytooth gear for KA content.

Quickly run through the greenmist heritage questline and Terrors of Thalumbra underdepths saga along with any language requirements for the KA sig line, along with Epic Repercussions, since to do that you need speak as dragon and to complete KA sig line you also need speak as dragon.

Complete your Kunark Ascending sig line as soon as possible after finishing ToT and greenmist and ER to get started on ascension leveling so you can get your epic 2.0 as quickly as possible--while also obtaining the greenmist primary weapon which is arguably best in slot until you get your epic 2.0.

Once your KA sig line is complete, go see the etherealist trainer near nye celona and start your etherealist ascension. Be sure to grab the scroll every day from him. etherealist is best starter ascension for illusionist.

Complete the proof is in the pudding crafting line and then the KA tradeskill line. The cloak from this is best in slot. edit: forgot you also need ToT tradeskill line to get the cloak. thanks earar

Complete any pre-reqs for your epic 2.0. This includes epic 1.0 questline and MANY other 'old' content quests and factions.

Run advanced solo dungeon forgotten sanctum until you have the 1k potency rising tide charm.

Run shrouded temple event heroic until you have 1k potency belt, wrist, and ring. Also grab the foglifter's earrings from shrouded temple.

In your spare time, run key quests and open them, looking for incarnadine or shadowquartz. Once you have at least one relic piece (incarnadine) and one fabled 14 resolve piece (shadow quartz), you can then switch to selling keys for plat.

Once you have these things completed, you will be in great shape. In your spare time, grind tithe in contested zones, putting most of your points into potency. however, once you hit 10 in potency, it is a good idea to also get 5 or 10 in crit bonus and stamina before switching back to potency.

Have fun. It's a bit of frontloaded effort, but these steps will 'fast' track you to where you want to be and are essential.

edit: forgot to mention new purple adorns. you will want full set of the one that gives fervor and 2/3 for the 100k ability mod set.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

if u have lots of money

first buy Bloody tooth gear.
    be lvl 100 crafter
    do the KA timeline as fast as possible to start your ascension levels.
    then do the ToT line

you need to do the 30 quests in KA -- with thte ToT quest line you'll have your etheral offhand
    lvl 100 craft (tot craft line plus KA craft line) will get u your cloak

then you need to do all the prerequistes for your epic 2

so Epic 1 weapon - epic repercussion - speak dragon and so on

a lot of grinding to raise tithe, and dongeons to get good potency gear

but your biggest drawback will be your ascension level. you can only get your epic 2 weapon at ascension level 9 I think ... and it takes time. and I guess for a Hard core raiding guild, not having that soon can be bad.

but yeah, your main focus is epic 2 as fast as you can.
  6. maxximum Active Member

I'll add my bit. I had a ton of mage gear in bank so I created a lvl 100 wizzy a week ago. First thing you have to absolutely get on with is ascension, the epic can wait imo. Every day you don't have access to ascension is another day you're not earning 1m xp for it. This requires completion of the ToT sig line, and then the KA sig quest: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Kunark_Ascending:_A_Nightmare_Resolved

more details on ascension here: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Ascension

Once you have access to ascension, go pick it up immediately. As others have said, this expac is all about potency, so buy some twark handcrafted gear, and the sig line will provide some upgrades. You'll probably have trouble getting groups at less than 200 resolve, so do all the solo stuff you can, PQs, solos, advanced solos, etc, until you're at least 190-200 resolve, then start offering yourself for groups
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

you don't need to finish ToT to start ascension, you need it for the offhand. But it's not priority
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Is there a level 100 crafter token ?
  9. Tooloose Active Member

Don't joke like that. People are still traumatized.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

I wish there was
    Snikkety and DoomDrake like this.