Where do I locate the passwords saved in the launcher?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wazzar, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Wazzar New Member

My friend has not been able to play for ages and she changed her email 3 times into the bargain. She has used my PC when she came to visit a while back and for some reason her accounts can be logged in to from it.

With her moving back home and having a brand new PC and email address (terrible time with her location and local ISP) she now wants to start playing again but has no idea what the password is either.

It is hard for her to get on as often now as well.

I know she told me the password years ago but I never wrote it down and we had her organised with a folder of encrypted texts etc to store things like that. Only thing was the OLD PC completely died on the boot drive and no way to recover anything.

It was well over 8 years old.

Is there a way to find the working password on my PC via the launcher so I can SMS it back to her?

Cheers & tyia,
    Wazzar
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, you can't pull passwords out of the local client. That would be horribly insecure and a pure invitation for hacking.

Your friend needs to create a Support Ticket, and in it list the old email addresses, and the UserID she was using, if possible. That should allow customer support to find a way to help her.
    Breanna likes this.