Where do I buy the recipes?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Hartsmith, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I was going to do some City Task leveling of my Carpenter, currently ts 111 and adv 100, and it only offered a level 120 "Seru Architect" Rush Order. Where do I get the recipes for this and will it require faction before I can buy or special currency?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

checked gh recipe vendor?
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

First place I checked. Doesn't even have all the advanced recipes anymore.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What NPC exactly where did you ask for that task?

After level 100, the way to level tradeskill is to do the tradeskill signature questlines. There's an extra benefit to doing so, you get some nice tradeskill items in doing so! Bookmark the Tradeskill Timeline and start at Terrors of Thalumbra.
    Hartsmith and Soara2 like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I got the quest from the guildhall rush order npc.
    On a pair of different alts (one was ts level 101 alchemy/42 temp, the other 106 sage/40 ranger), I actually spent well over twelve hours working on ToT tradeskill questline (also had to gain access to the area first) but failed to gain much of any experience. Turned out to be faster to do the guildhall npc rush orders. Got them to 106 alchemy and 110 sage in less than half the time wasted in ToT.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I went ahead and finished ToT and began the KA ts timeline. Each quest is yielding about 7k xp with bonuses. Chose to go back to my guildhall and do the City Task Rush Orders again. My alchemist, now level 106, just earned 3 mil xp before bonuses. So it is the complete opposite of the issue when trying to gain adventure levels.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

*UPDATE*
    Had to go back to the guildhall tradeskills recipe merchant for something else. Don't know why they weren't showing up earlier, but the Carpenter Primers are visible on it now. My best guess is that I had not initiated the BoL ts access quest until after posting here. However, they still require completion of a specific quest first. Plan on working on that at same time with my sage now that he is same ts level as my carp. Buuut I'm going to try to get some adventuring status in on my primary character before midnight while the status is still double.
  8. Doobius270 New Member

I stumbled around at TS level 100 for a week before I figured out I need to go to the Plane of Magic and the Planes of Prophecy Signature timeline (https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Crafting_Timeline). Druzzil Ro is very large and stands outside the Coliseum of Valor in the Plane of Magic. Take the teleporter to Valor's Roost and you are just steps away from Druzzil Ro who will send you inside for A Stitch in Time, Part I: Security Measures (https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/A_Stitch_in_Time,_Part_I:_Security_Measures). Once you get through with that one, you'll be well on your way past 100 crafting.

Good fortune to you!
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  9. Houjaamo Member

I made it through TS level 100 fairly quickly with the rush writs once I discovered that the recipes are in the Deepforge <TS Class> Essentials recipe book. I bought mine from our guild merchant.
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Those only go as far as 110. After that your character will have to have completed the applicable zone's TS Quest Timeline.

Because I was in a rush to max level doing Rush Writs only, I didn't get around to doing hardly any zone TS Timelines; not even the Epic that I'm really only now learning much about. Been too busy doing world events, decorating with what I have, bonus status, etc. when not too tired to play the game for health reasons. Turns out, I have to go back and get all my primary characters caught up on those TS quests before I can fully appreciate the newer stuff. Hopefully I can get through RoS before the next three expacs after VoV are released, LOL.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Houjaamo Member

When I became a level 101 Alchemist, I was offered a level 110 rush writ that used recipes from Alchemist Essentials Volume 101. Those same recipes took me into level 111.

At that point, I was offered a level 120 rush writ. I had to complete the Blood of Luclin Tradeskill Signature quest "Piercing the Darkness: The Sad Tale of Benosch Ironsprocket Part I" in order to purchase Alchemist's Primer Volume 11. I had no problem completing that quest as a level 89 Berserker. The area where I gathered the rockhopper eggs has been completely non-aggro. Despite what the wiki page states, I neither killed, nor was attacked by, any rockhoppers (or anything else). I did have egg breakage, but it did not take long to collect the three for the omelet. As with the previous tier, the recipes have not changed as I level.

Currently, I am up to level 116 doing just the rush writs. It has been a casual process, doing a couple of writs each day for my Loyalty Token. Each rush writ has given me about 6%-7% of the level I am working on.

UPDATE: As of 1/11/2022, you no longer need to complete the quest in order to purchase the Primer Volumes.

12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's MUCH faster to just keep doing the crafting task at the front of BoL than writs, but whichever method pleases you!
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Houjaamo Member

Yeah, I'm in no real hurry. Don't need his high-level Alchemist skills yet as I don't have a high-level fighter. Two rush writs and the occasional harvesting gets my Loyalty Tokens quickly.

I'm not sure what crafting task you are referring to at the front of BoL.
  14. Houjaamo Member

As of today (12/2/2021), My level 101-119 crafters are getting 18%-20% of their level with the same rush writs. My base experience (before bonuses) is now in the neighborhood of 15M per writ. My level 120 Sage received about 4% of his level. It appears there has been a change to help the higher level crafters make it to 120.

Also, I love that the guild is now getting status from the writs, even if it's not much relative to our guild level. :)
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  15. Kethryl Active Member

If you haven't done the PoP tradeskill questline, I'd highly recommend it the moment you hit tradeskill level 100. That questline alone got me to level 115, without doing a single writ. AND you get status from doing the questline. =)
    Hartsmith likes this.