Where are the raiding monks?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

I have to ask. I hear a lot of noise about monks wanting raid spots and my guild has been trying to recruit one for a month or so now. We're not a scrubs or a start-up either. I don't get it. Are all the good ones taken or something?
  2. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

the good ones are probably taken
    or they're taking a break until expansion, like myself
  3. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Apparently. One mob left to clear, and we can't find a single solid raiding monk. Our caster's are all threatening to /ragequit. /sadpanda
  4. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Casters??? I get it now. So you want them for their buffs and not for the player's skill with the class? Good luck with that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Yes, you're absolutely right we're looking for a buffbot.
    Thats why I asked if the GOOD ones were taken.
    That's why I said we can't find a single SOLID RAIDING MONK.
    /rollyeyes.
  6. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

Maer@Guk wrote:
    well from the way you stated it, you insinuated what novus asked. but, why would your casters threaten to quit? our spell haste isnt THAT own. A tanking monk offers little to casters sans raidwaide.
    /retardeyes
  7. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Eeesh, guys, don't be so fricking sensitive. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that we have two very useful buffs.
  8. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

i just wanted to get in on the arguing.
    speaking of buffs: why do brawlers have one groupwide buff and crusaders/warriors have multiple groupwide buffs?
  9. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Some of our healers and casters are very serious about their game. They have tweaked their reuse and cast speed itemization around a consistent buff scheme.

We are used to always having a monk in raid.

One that can pick up and tank Ykesha/Miragul/Anashti/whoever when need be, who helps keep our MT alive, one who delivers top-end fighter dps.
    A monk than can peel errant adds and actually tank them.
    One who makes certain stupid aspects of some encounters and raid zones more tolerable.
    And yes one that provides cast haste for our raid.

Please don't put words in my mouth. We need a solid raiding monk. If anyone knows one, point him to the Guk server community thread.

Thanks.
  10. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Its funny all the monks that come here and complain about not being able to raid yet this guy can't find even one of you guys to fill an open slot.
  11. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I'm with Bchiz on this one.

With that said, to the OP I'd have to say its probably fairly unlikely that you'll recruit a green monk that's got the gear and experience necessary to tank Ykesha. Chances are you'll have to take one that's got the skill but not the equipment and help gear him out.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    True. I think that the average monk or lets just say brawlers want to be just dps and want nothing to do with tanking. BChizz has shown me what he can do and it is great.
  13. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    At this point I'd be quite happy to take a Monk with serious skills and gear him/her up. Unfortunately nobody's stepping up. Kinda sad really.
  14. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Maer@Guk wrote:
    Dude thats your best bet, just get a new monk that wants to raid, this class is incredibly easy to learn and gear up.
  15. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Well there is Me, Tarkin in my guild and I vaguely remember NPU having a Monk.
    Yes my Guild has 2 raiding Monks, hell we have a 3rd but he has disappeared.
    I think most Monks on Guk are alts used for solo/shiny farming. We have about 90 of these Altonks in our guild, probably because they all want to emulate me.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rasttan Guest

Most rolled some other class
    There is very few of us left killing, tanking Munzok, Ykesha ...etc.
    When all things being equal your not the best choice for dps or a tank spot.
  17. ARCHIVED-LikeKimmy Guest

And yet here we are wanting one, and no one even shows any interest...dont make me switch to a bruiser! It will make me sad.

You know theres nothing wrong with us liking your buffs =) that doesnt mean we want a player that has no skills, we are looking for a monk that knows his/her stuff...but dont get me wrong, we are looking for a monk for their casting speed!

Im not sure how this would be interpreted as an insult...every class is needed for certain aspects of their toon..buffs or dps...that doesnt negate the needed skillset!

COME FIND ME MONK! I NEEDS YOU!

Nora of Despair...yes on Guk...talk to me not Maer hes wierd!
  18. ARCHIVED-Olae Guest

What type of guild are you, what days and times do you raid, what type of gear and dps out put, etc.

I'm on Unrest, but I'm wanting a change, because they are close to finding the bodies.
    What sort of stuff are you raiding, and do you have a really good shaman?
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Oh maybe a match?
  20. ARCHIVED-Stalack Guest

We raid 4 nights a week. We have cleared all content but Munzok. (we have gotten some quality pulls on him) We are on Guk. Send a tell to any of us and we will give you all the inforation you need and ask for all the information we need. Send us a PM on here.