Where are the fish nodes in Frostfang Sea? rarer than hen's teeth!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Rijacki, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

For all that it is an island with several small islands about, getting fishing to 90 is an exceptional chore. There scarecity of fish nodes in other T2 zones is also bleak, but this is the worst, I think.
  2. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    its the worst. At least Dreadwake isn't around.
  3. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

The T2 harvests on the south side of the zone seemed pretty slow to respawn too... but the fast respawn of the T1 may have just spoiled me too haha!
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    Yeah, though bushes and wood seem to respawn quickly (making me wonder if nodes have to be 'cycled' like in the old world). Rocks and stones are also aplenty. Roots are reasonable. Fish and dens are the hardest to find with fish at the worst. I didn't spend as much time harvesting on Test as I should have, or I would have noted it all then.
    The shiney respawn rate does rather make up for a lot of it, though *laugh*.
  5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I, too had difficulty leveling fishing - I worked on it - then went to TD - leveled up there in the starter area.
  6. ARCHIVED-Liral Guest

That's my big complaint for the new zone. Harvesting there is a PITA. That's why i loved the islands so much. It was so easy to get your first round of harvesting skillups done there. It was perfect and now it's gone...
  7. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I had the opportunity to test the best new player experience ..... gosh it took me longer to get 4 moonfish than to do a vigilant against the clock ....

And i m not even speaking about quests that are far to be as clear as on the isle. My toons will keep starting in TD or Darligth.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

There are actually lots of fish nodes... they're just not on the side of the island where most people would fish. I found them (after completing the fishing part of the harvest quest!) when I was swimming from the signal fire over to do the shrubberies... they were all around the area where the ladder is in the water to climb back up.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    The T2 ones are even more rare, though I haven't swum all the way 'round to the back side of the big island.. I should try that.. getting to 90 in fishing in Frostfang Sea is painful. I forgot how annoying getting to 20 was with the scarce T1 fishies.
    Gads!
  10. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

I know its wierd but there are fish nodes in the tunnel leading to the underwater cave. Not sure if thats any use.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    I only found one there twice while questing over the span of about an hour (was afk a lot *laugh*).
  12. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

there are 3 or 4 nodes in that underwater tunnel to Demon's Delve - but with the number of peeps running the NH series, they may not always be there.
    And swimming around the island will net you quite a few fish nodes as Eveningsong wrote. I didn't run into anyone while doing that.
    Later, I went to other starter areas for AAs I skilled up my fishing in no time as I didn't have to spend extra time swimming around the island - though I did get my swimming skills up purdy fast in NH.