Where are all the Advanced Tradeskill books purchasable?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Aug 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I am leveling up a new crafter and things have changed a bit since I last did this This is what I think I know, I might be wrong, please help me with the rest.
    I understand that any advanced book may drop from a MOB and could end up on the broker. But with little activity in lower tier adventuring some books are a bit scarce. I don't mind working for the books but I am a little rusty on where they are obtainable now.
    Tier 1 - Crafting Trainer in home city
    Tier 2 - New faction quest line in Halas
    Tier 3 - New faction quest line in Butcherblock
    Tier 4 - New faction questline in Steamfont
    Tier 5 - ?
    Tier 6 - Maj'dul faction merchants
    Tier 7 - ?
    Tier 8 - Faction merchants in the Fens, Jarsath Wastes
    Tier 9 - Faction merchant in the Sundered Frontier
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

When we (ZAM) were working it on Test we were unable to find any. Betcha Domino will put it on a list somewhere :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Yep :)
  4. ARCHIVED-rattlebonz Guest

Don't forget you can also do harvesting quests for the Tradeskill societies. At least in Qeynos and Freeport you can. I'm not sure hoe far they go up in tiers though.
  5. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

There is a learn to harvest quest in each starting city. After that you go to Mara and pick up the signiture quest that results in the Cloak of the Harvester.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Looks like only tier 5 is missing a vendor to buy advanced recipes now? Though I don't recall where to buy tier 7 recipes. By the way, tier 8 recipes are sold in Fens, not tier 7. Unless I'm mistaken, some recipes are sold in Jarsath instead of Fens only.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Unless things changed fairly recently, you can't buy T7 in Fens. Bathezid & Rillis faction sell (in Fens) lvl 70-74 books and Ganak faction (JW) sells lvl 75-79.
    On a side note, you can get quests from your city's tradeskills society which award 1 advanced book for T3, T4 & T5.
  8. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I updated the list based ypon your input. That leaves two tiers without any way to earn all the advanced books.
  9. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    For tier 5 you can do the Journeyman series (Advanced Tradesman Service) of quests which will allow you to choose 1 of the advanced recipes for this tier. I am not aware of a faction merchants for tiers 5 or 7 at this time. I did add a little more information to your listing though for grins and giggles.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jenadara Guest

I'm a bit confused here. I did the questline in BBM and Steamfont and I don't recall getting books? Does the quest giver sell them?
  11. ARCHIVED-Swarfega Guest

Yes once the quests are complete the quest giver becomes a merchant.
  12. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    70-74 and 75-79, not the 80s. 80s are Tier 9.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vieray Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Does anyone know if the lack of tier 5 is an oversight or if it was left out on purpose? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be included. Anyway the new quests are entertaining and provide useful rewards, very nicely done!
  14. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Before the quests added in GU57, T2 to 4 didn't have a place to buy them either. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar questline for T5 advanced recipes was made sooner or later, Domino probably just hasn't gotten to it yet.
  15. ARCHIVED-Vieray Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm aware of that was just kind of hoping that the t5 one got put in as well but just hadn't been discovered yet. The rares, the mount, the faction, and the recipie books make these very worthwhile, was just hoping I wouldn't have to wait for more but it is worth the wait!
  16. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    Doh! sorry for that, got my numbers confused.
  17. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

Who exactly is selling the T3 advanced books? Cordelia Galeston at BBM docks just starts the quest line, but who and where can I buy the books?
  18. ARCHIVED-Quelektra Guest

Alienor wrote:
    I believe Cordelia does, after you have completed the questline (when the dwarf sends you on to Steamfont Mountains).
  19. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

Cordelia does not have the merchant mouse cursor, just the normal NPC bubble. Admitted, I did not finish the quest line yet, to not waste AA and xp. I was also hoping that it would be sufficient to buy the recipes with enough faction only (from other quests) and finishing the quest line would be no requirement. As this is all speculation and most people online do not even know about this possibility I was hoping someone has already done this :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Nope, unless you buy 'em off the broker, you'll have to finish each tier's tradeskill quest series to get that set of books.