When will they finaly remove full plated berserkers

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-thark, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Montaigu Guest

Thark,

Go Troll some where else. You obviously know nothing about Berserkers if you picked a Zerker but expected to play it like a scout. We are tanks and have been since day one. Maybe the problem is your not old enough to read yet. When you are, please take a look at the EQ2 user manual.

Additionally, if you did play a Zerker, you would realize that we are very similiar to guardians in every way, right down to the combat arts. The majority of our combat arts are the same as theirs, just with different names.

What this really sounds like is that your an uninformed Guardian, and hence probably not a very good one, and your crying here on this website. You feel left out cause none of the groups want to play with you. They pick Tanks which happen to be Zerkers instead of you. So dont lash out here, we can spot ya a mile away. Your probably one of those noob tanks running around wearing chain or something worse, wondering why you cant tank mobs well.

And most of all what sickens me about people like you, is your vision of a perfect everquest is one where the only person that can tank in the game is GUARDIANS? Does that really sound right to you. That one class would have a monopoly on tanking, whether in groups or raids? Anyone with half a brain can answer that question with a NO. No class should be so special, unique that only they can fullfil the a specific role in the game. There are a couple other tank classes too, and it is bad enough as it is, that no one lets SK or Paladins tank raids for the most part. All plate tanks should be considered equal for tanking. The days of EQ1, where only warriors could tank are over. If thats the only way you can feel good can get some self worth, feel loved, then go play EQ1.

Have a nice day troll.
    Mental
    Message Edited by Montaigu on 05-27-2006 04:13 PM
  2. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

So am i man, so am i.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

lol whyd you bump this?
  4. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

lol i wasnt thinking straight, you know me Mord.
  5. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

Well since this is bumped, seeing I had a first day char with the highest possible account age, I only know a few people who even have my number, and I was one of the top worldwide armorers, I can tell you that nobody knew about the vanguard / plate situation until about 2-3 weeks after launch. Everybody was expecting me to get these recipes during tier3 that were some vanguard others plate, as per the manual. Back then you couldn't examine a recipe book and see what you would get, you had to wait until you could scribe it. Anyways yea, I just want to get that straight. A month into release people were still trying to figure out if plate was dropped recipes not dropping, etc. it was the lack of of acknowledgement from the devs we all realized that plate was left out and the manual would be wrong, the printed one at least =) They updated the online one not long afterwards so people could stop hassling them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nghisus Guest

For the love of God. Optimum group tank, Berzerker. Optimum raid tank Guardian. You want a non-plate dpsing mad man, take monk or bruiser. Its like the 70 zerker I ran into that said he couldn't hold aggro but didn't know rescue was still good. Or the 70 pally who didn't know he had a defensive stance. Learn your stinkin character.
  7. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

well the only thing I can agree on is zerkers offensive edge vs guardians is much greater then guards defensive edge vs zerkers, for doing about half the dps we can buff about 600 life and 18 defense and use tos...

if that is fair that is fine but seems like its a little off maybe ok I am out of this flame war now :)
  8. ARCHIVED-belikeron Guest

I want my berserker to be neked with 80% avoidance with no delay on buckler reversal so I can just go nuts =p
  9. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

Must stop bumping da necro posts, wheres our MODs? saw a old necro'd templar post get Locked right away Where's the lockdown?
  10. ARCHIVED-Chrisbow Guest

Still, berserkers and crusaders cant tank raid mobs and tank them well, but guardian will always be the top.

err Kahlad what are u smokin man lol

i know a hardcore raid guild on SP where a zerker tanks everything
    we use two tank teams for our raids one with a guardian one with a zerker and our zerker does his job as good as the guardian if not a way better in holding aggro
    yes guardians might have some better defense utilities but that doesnt really matter in the most cases
  11. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

This post is 'tarded. No need to add anything to it.
    Message Edited by Kosmetas on 05-31-2006 10:53 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

I'm totaly agree!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-Mozo26 Guest

I believe the main reason there are more Zerkers than Guardians is that most people that play this game tend to be more casual players. I chose a Zerker over a Guardian for the simple fact that my wife and I duo alot and needed that little bit of extra dps. If I was to want to be a hardcore raider, I would most definately choose Guardian. But for my purposes......a Zerker is the best choice.
  14. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Chrisbow, that was clearly a typo on my part.
    "Still, berserkers and crusaders cant tank raid mobs and tank them well, but guardian will always be the top. "

Its my typo, and I appreciate you for pointing it out to me, but reading the whole sentence, its pretty clear that it should have been can, and not can't. I'm on a top raiding guild and have tanked everything in the game, successfully.
    Anyways, thanks for pointing it out, and I edited the original post to fix that.

Message Edited by Khalad on 06-03-2006 09:50 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

/pull out stick and join in the beating of the dead horse

Zerkerz pWn j00 in da face!!!

roflcopter roflcopter

When? Nevah!!!! reroll noob.

ps. i was bored :smileytongue:
  16. ARCHIVED-Kannabis Guest

OP - idea of a zerker.

[IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-Xarovix Guest

Lol this arguement has been going on since the game went live, funny [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] i tell you, who cares about what tank can do what nowadays when it groups mobs dont even live long enough to matter? ( raids is a different story but groups lol ya right )