When will they finaly remove full plated berserkers

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-thark, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"But all classes needs to be fun in all situations, raid, solo or group...Right now berserkers are tons of fun in most situations, and guardians, well atleast according to the ones i have talked with, in majority they think it's a boring class..What I wanted with my post was a balance between these 2, and yes I still think it's viable to discuss this in the berserker forum, because i still believe there is something that needs to be changed, be it the guardian class in itself or stripping the shield of the berserker..."

I don't understand how you think that stripping abilities off of one class is going to help another one be more fun to play.

"In this debate, was this picture the best you could do, a half naked man with a small shield, well probably because you will have to search very hard for a berserker with heavy vanguard or plate with a shield, probably an impossible mission.."

Someone else posted a comment here when we were arguing about this in the past saying that he did some research on real life Berserkers in history and he found out that there were actually some who wore full suites of plate armor. So it's really not a new concept that SOE has invented here with our class.

Also if you are telling the truth and you really are a Berserker and not just a Guardian in disguise who came here only to start crap with us then I still find it strange how you are more concerned with them having fun with their class than you are with your own.
  2. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

to OP

i really don't want anything to be a whine type of thread, especially zerker boards. i checked you out, your guild is Norrsken
    on AB and your main is rigmor, unless that all changed. It shouldn't since AB wasn't merged with any server. I noticed your guild has 1 59 guard and the rest are not worth talking about. And it seems you have 2 tanking 60 zerkers.

The whole thread encompasses zerker vs. guard in any type of raiding/ grouping/ solo type of play.

are you one of the tanking zerkers? b/c the next ones down the line are 50ish twinks it seems.

if you don't have a legitimate berserker character, i'd rather you not fuel this "call for nerfage".
  3. ARCHIVED-thark Guest

Hmm, well since you bothered to dig up this information, I play one of your so called twinks , a lvl 53 berserker..Editha
    I like my berserker, maybe I have a diffrent view on a berserker than most of you, but I highly doubt it..
    My intentions with this post maybe is hard to see, but I absolutly didnt want SOE to upp the guardian and lessen the berserker or make it less fun to play, as some of you give indications on, I just wanted to discuss where the problems reside, according to most of you it doesnt reside in the berserker class as I thought..I also thought you would be able to discuss this issue in a friendly manner, when you saw I wasn't here just to mess around..
    There is one good thing thou, as you dug up all this info on me , you should have seen that im no guardian in disguise, as someone pointed out..
    On my behalf, this discussion is over../game on

Editha lvl 53 Berserker and Rigmor lvl 60 Illu
  4. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Sadly, this discussion will never be over. It just never ends. Out of all the discussions on these forums I think this is the one that irks me the most. The worse part about it is that it makes no sense yet people just keep pushing it. I wish everyone would just drop it and accept the fact that SOE made an offensive plate tank out of the Berserker in this game. There is nothing wrong with that. There are only 2 offensive plate tanks in the game and 8 pure DPS classes to choose from. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 02-21-200606:04 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-t0iletduck Guest

Anyone who took the OP's subtle flame bait can share some of the blame for keeping this post going.

Perhaps it was a bad choice using the word Berserker for this class given its viking origin, but what's done is done.

Please lock this useless thread.

p.s. I have a 49 zerker that i love, which is why im even reading this post in the first place.
  6. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

This seems to be another " waaaa this is not how a zerker should be waaaaaa " You know why i play a warlock now ? Too many fighters in our raids before, But for tanks we have 2 Guards, 2 Zerkers, 1 Bruiser,Monk SK and Pally, all are raid ready etc ( well they were until today now its grind time again )
    IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHO IS THE TANK, its how you raid is built for the tank and situation.... ( thats the beauty of it, no dominate tank class, just need good conifg of raids and targets )
  7. ARCHIVED-potatotr0ll Guest

Honestly I wouldnt mind the zerker becoming a leather wearing tank, just make them have some passive self buff that increases their mitigation up to par with plate wearers. The leather look would be good for a tank i think. This way you get a little more variety, and give the tailor's someone else to make armor for. But hey thats just my 2 cents. I just want to see my zerker decked out in hides and a bear skull helmet. Plate is nice dont get me wrong though.
  8. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"The leather look would be good for a tank i think."

Why didn't you make a Brawler then? They are tanks. They wear leather...

"This way you get a little more variety, and give the tailor's someone else to make armor for."

Why don't you just go ahead and wear leather then if that's what you want? No one is stopping you. I'm not stopping you. SOE is not stopping you. Every Berserker in the game can choose to wear leather instead of plate if they want to. Why do you feel that our whole class needs to be forced to wear leather just so you can wear it? That is not the case. FYI, plate is better than leather. Way better. It works better and it looks better too. I think you should be happy that we can wear the best armor in the game and I think you should refrain from trying to get our class nerfed, because that's all it would be, a nerf. Berserkers have been wearing plate armor in this game since day one, which was over a year ago. Why change it now? You really think that's a smart idea?
  9. ARCHIVED-Pegesus11 Guest

Sorry i skipped alot of posts just had to respond to the orignal poster.

From the begining zerkers were able to wear vanguard armor and not plate. However after launch they just made it all the same. Did you not notice this about i don't know anywhere from lvl 10 to 20?

Guardians and zerkers are the MT's in this game one is more defensive while one is more offensive plain and simple. Raiding MT's on a whole are guardians while zerkers tank certain mobs, as do monks. I'm also guessing that you missed the long descripiton of the combat revamp in LU13 when it was noted that all fighters are now better played when we combine our buffs and skills.

Your complaining that you were plate i can solve your entire problem really quickly. Wear leather or chain......DONE!

Wow that wasn't hard. You still get all you skills you like and lose the horrible plate that you didnt want.

Better yet if you want to be at the very top of the dps ladder play a scout i'd suggest a swashy.

I personally am gonna stick to this class cuz we are imo the most well rounded class in the game. We can tank we can dps. I'm Happy.

Oh Khalad... yeah i don't know when but they added the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] fire to BQ its a DD. Was a nice treat when i went in there to tank her had my magic to 8k and my heat to just under 4k and BAM. I fell. Needless to say she still died just took some rearranging and putting our Guardian back in.
    Message Edited by Pegesus11 on 02-22-200612:06 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

On Antonia Bayle:
    Class # count
    Guardian 2,463
    Berserker 2,724
    Stats taken from http://www.eq2census.com/. When you can use more than ancedotal evidence as to the Guardian being extinct, please provide it.

Message Edited by Wargod1968 on 02-22-200602:07 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Skaraben Guest

well that's the total number of guardians on AB, not the total played amount.
  12. ARCHIVED-Montaigu Guest

Look at yourself in the mirrior, now shoot yourself dumbxss!

Its stupid people like you who are going to ruin our class. No one wants to be a non plate wearing tank, except dumb people like you. If you thought that Zerkers where something else, then you obviously cant read above the 6th grade level, which is what the EQ2 instruction manual is written at.

Furthermore, it is peeps like you, who dont have a clue of what the hell you are talking about, that ruin this game. Go play EQ1, roll a Zerker or Ranger there, and you will find out what it is like to be a "light" Tank. You wont have the Armor Class or Hitpoint to tank, and you wont have the Damage Dealing to compete with the real damage dealers, so you will be hated or generally regarded as useless, by all. Great idea, lets petition SOE to make that happen for us in EQ2! Your Brilliant!

I, for one, like being a Heavy Tank. We are the damage dealers our of the fighters classes. But we are all fighters. So naturally, we are all going to be somewhat the same, with subtle differences. So quit whining with your comments about Guardians and such.

Oh btw, as far as our offensive capabilities, you must have no clue of how much damage the real damage dealing classes do. Our offensive capabilities are nothing compared to scout/mage classes. So as many have said before, Feel free to run around in no armor, with your pajamas on, and tank mobs.....I am sure the groups will love you.

Have a nice day,
    Monty
    Message Edited by Montaigu on 02-22-200608:18 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

this will be my last post on this thread only to say the most ironic thing:

can people stop bumping this idiotic thread to the top of forums. (told you it was ironic)
  14. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Very good points Montaigu, I totally agree.

I just have one more thing to say about this...

[IMG]

This is SOE's vision of the Berserker now. Like it or LEAVE it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

Good point Skar. On an ancedotal level, I still see guardians being rolled up on the Outpost/Colony and played in the young zones.
    In case anyone wants to breakdown by level of Berserkers vs. Guardians on AB here it is. Just examining the numbers doesn't seem to scream any great discrepency, even at 50+ level to former level 60 level cap:
    level Zerk Guard
    ================
    1 40 40
    2 30 36
    3 49 34
    4 42 46
    5 35 32
    6 81 66
    7 88 66
    8 104 65
    9 81 47
    10 67 54
    11 59 23
    12 68 49
    13 47 22
    14 46 34
    15 43 32
    16 38 32
    17 40 34
    18 34 20
    19 20 22
    20 141 147
    21 139 140
    22 117 136
    23 128 95
    24 113 101
    25 103 113
    26 98 97
    27 65 74
    28 71 77
    29 45 32
    30 60 43
    31 40 41
    32 46 31
    33 32 34
    34 36 33
    35 29 20
    36 24 31
    37 23 30
    38 17 24
    39 20 16
    40 20 16
    41 13 13
    42 24 21
    43 16 23
    44 15 17
    45 10 15
    46 14 15
    47 8 18
    48 12 19
    49 11 8
    50 37 49
    51 13 20
    52 19 23
    53 17 17
    54 15 15
    55 12 9
    56 11 9
    57 9 11
    58 6 12
    59 9 5
    60 74 59
  16. ARCHIVED-Kaitar Guest

I've built my zerker for tanking. 99 percent of the time he's wearing a big shield and a one handed weapon and has on his deffensive buffs and tank buffs. I did this for my static group which is...odd...to say the least, but we do very well and were taking out ^^^ heroics our level and just a little below our level with no problem. My static is myself (zerker) assassin and an SK. The assassin is the main DSP, the SK is backup DPS/off tank, and me the tank.

ALL warriors can tank, some a little better than others. I also play a Defiler who two boxes with a Bruiser and we take out ^^^ of our level or just below ALL the time.

To try to say 'take away plate wearing zerkers' for the benefit of Guardians, who are still the top big group/raid tanks ... why? It's fine how it is, we've our strengths and weaknesses. I like my zerker how he is, he can be a back up DPS with a two hander or dual wield or he can tank pretty well... he's not the hands down BEST tank or BEST dps, but he can do a bit of both, just like he's supposed to... for the love of god don't try to get more nerfs slammed down on any class.
  17. ARCHIVED-trevkong Guest

Yes let's make it so berzerkers are also not tanks, that way we can go back to how it was in eq1 with only one class that can really tank anything difficult, then i can sit screaming for a guardian for 5 hours before every instance. HOT idea.
  18. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

Necro' posting 3 month old posts, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] trolls don't have anything to do with server downs =/
  19. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

I am sorry, but this is a thread that is irratating to say the least. Are you trying to turn this back into EQ1 or something. If so please go back and play there. There are many ways to play and I for one lke to have different options for tanking. It is nice to know that in some situations the zerker is the best choice and in others the guardian is. Learn the different classes before you start bashing and wanting to change something that is working. Also remember THIS is not EQ1. Either play the game and learn to play the differences to tere advantage or go back and play another game. You want a cahin covered zerker then go dress in chain or go play EQ1.
    Krunck - Proud Lvl 70 Zerker and viable option as Tank.
  20. ARCHIVED-Renzai Guest