When will they finaly remove full plated berserkers

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-thark, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-thark Guest

I hope they will remove the silly full plate and shield on the berserker class, I didnt choose a zerk to run around in full plate,..Right now the Berserk class renders guardians totally useless...Why in the world did SOE come to the conclusion berserkers needed vanguard aswell..

I like to play a REAL berserker..not a tank..

/Rigge
  2. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

You picked the wrong class, blame yourself, not sony.

Ignore the names of the classes sony uses, they are just an offensive warrior and defensive warrior named berserker and guardian. Both tank well, guardian better. Both myself and our Guardian tank alot. Can he tank things that I can't? No. Does he have an easyer time on some mobs? Ya sometimes, he gets a few more defensive abilities.

Thinking they are gonna radically change the berserker is nuts. Want to be DPS play a scout.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wolfmon Guest

Sry bud, you picked the wrong class.
    I love my full plate berserker, hope that never changes.
  4. ARCHIVED-thark Guest

Well, If you think guardian tanks that much better why do you think guardians is almost extinct.? Berserkers tank aswell as guardians in it's current version and that is wrong...Berzerkers should not be tanks..

And NO i didnt choose the wrong class, I just feel bad for all the guardians out there, Why would anyone choose a guardian when you can choose a berserker that does more DPS and tanks aswell(or close)

I love some of the abillities of the zerker like rampage and open wounds, those are berzerker in a nutshell, but a tank, no. Yes when I first rolled my zerker I didnt expect to ever tank(only in rare occassions maybe)..But I do it all the time..Guardians even get's shafted out there in raids because zerkers has more dps, may aswell use the zerker..Multiple friends has stopped playing their guardians because of this..We need a real tank in EQ2, thats my opinion atleast..

/Rigge
  5. ARCHIVED-Kuleon Guest

thark wrote:
    Well, If you think guardian tanks that much better why do you think guardians is almost extinct.?

Mistmoore
    Sunday February 19, 2006
    9:12 PM, EST
    98 Gaurdians online
    78 Berserkers online

thark wrote:
    I love some of the abillities of the zerker like rampage and open wounds, those are berzerker in a nutshell, but a tank, no. Yes when I first rolled my zerker I didnt expect to ever tank(only in rare occassions maybe)..But I do it all the time..

Did you read the EQ2 Manual before making you're Zerk? Did you notice it said you wear vanguard? Oh wait, you didn't.. but decided to change classes once you reached 20 a realized you have the ability to wear plate? Look, nobody is forcing you to tank. With our STR buff, outfitted decently you can surpass STR soft-cap easily if you aren't worried about mitigation. Instead of upgrading you're defense stuff, go offensive. Learn to play Zerk as DPS and you will... demolish.

thark wrote:
    Guardians even get's shafted out there in raids because zerkers has more dps, may aswell use the zerker..Multiple friends has stopped playing their guardians because of this..

If whoever is running your Raids is choosing a Zerk over Guard as MT because they can DPS more than them, they need to learn a little about class roles. Zerk DPS is half of our aggro management. What does having a Zerk MT or not have anything to do with a Guards ability? Different tanks, different situations. Which brings me to my next point.

thark wrote:
    We need a real tank in EQ2, thats my opinion atleast..

We have 6 "real" tanks. They excel in some similar and dissimilar ways. They all have strengths.
  6. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"Well, If you think guardian tanks that much better why do you think guardians is almost extinct.? Berserkers tank aswell as guardians in it's current version and that is wrong...Berzerkers should not be tanks.."

Group mobs? Ya sure. Raiding, guardian is better. Still, berserkers and crusaders can tank raid mobs and tank them well, but guardian will always be the top. If i was picking a tank for non raiding, just grouping would never go guardian, thats just how the class is.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-19-200607:04 PM
    Message Edited by Khalad on 06-03-2006 09:46 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-firewolf Guest

I've played in a trio group of guardian, warden and berserker, around level 40 going in Runnyeye. As berserker, I went fully offensive and unleashing all the AE on group of 4-6 heroic mobs that are banging on the guardian. Only drew agro once in the 2 hours sessions there. We were practically unstoppable, killing everything in there. There are already enough dps classes in the game. No need to add berserker to the list. Berserker is just nice the way it is. A unique tank that excel at doing respectable AE damage. Just the way I like it. If you play berserker as a pure dps class, you'll be very dissappointed. Like others have said, play a mage or scout. I've no idea why someone would choose a plate wearing class and think it is a dps class. Asking for berserker to be turned into dps class is even worst. There are 4 scount classes for you to choose from if you want that dps. If you like to wear leather so much, there are 2 brawler classes that happens to have solid dps too. So why on earth would a berserker need to be changed to wearing leather and have more dps?
  8. ARCHIVED-thark Guest

I didnt say I want berserkers to switch to a pure DPS class, I said they need to make guardians a viable choice when you make your characther, right now there is no real need to choose a guardian over berserker..and finaly yes Guardian is somewhat better in tanking but not as much as it should be, there should be a huge diffrence between these 2, and that isn't the case..
    PS: BTW the manual sais heavy plate for berserker and heavy plate and vanguard for guardian..this was changed during beta, maybe this is the diffrence I seek..
    /Rigge
    Message Edited by thark on 02-20-200612:13 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Renzai Guest

I fail to see how people who may decide not to select a guardian at creation affects your gameplay.
  10. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

The manual also states that Guardians are defensive tanks. Maybe all the zerkers should rally to have your weapons removed. All your combat arts should be replaced with shield blocking techniques as well (that do not do any damage). No, I'm not serious. This is basically my way of telling you to get real.

What crafted plate armor exists in addition to vanguard? What dropped plate armor is vanguard? There appears to be no distinction in plate armor and "vanguard" is nothing more than part of the name. You're asking for a huge change in itemization. Either way, it doesn't belong here.

I've seen enough calls to nerf other classes in the Guardian forums. Please do not start bringing them here.
  11. ARCHIVED-Grimveld Guest

I didnt choose a zerk to run around in full plate
    No one is forcing you to run around in full plate. By all means, feel free to wear leather if that's what you really want...
    Message Edited by Grimveld on 02-20-200606:59 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-lstead Guest

I think what you're looking for is a bruiser. And yes, I wish they had made one of the two avoidance tanks more weapons based rather than hand to hand. (And I mean classic medieval weapons, not bo-sticks or staves.)

But I started my berserker specifically because I wanted an offensive dual wielding plate class. No, I can't say I want that taken away.
  13. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

on end game content Ithink it would actually help the bezerker class to lose they plate armor and rack up some more dps... beingthat 2 and very very rarely 3 tanks are used on raids... msot of the time just one... it kinda means either they will be stuck with the guardian curse togetting into guilds... which is uhh no thanks we are good dont need guards atm.
  14. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

hah powend
  15. ARCHIVED-thark Guest

Well, Why not, Im a berserker myself, and can see that everyone in my guild has stopped playing the guardian class that is supposed to be a key figure in many situations,and the reason they stopped playing is the berserker class, and the fact that the guardian is somewhat boring to play
    If they don't do something about this then they need to up the power of the Guardian class..

/Rigge
  16. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

thark, does your guild raid? If so, what zones/mobs do you hit?
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-20-200608:44 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Wow I am so sick of this dumb arguement.

"yes Guardian is somewhat better in tanking but not as much as it should be, there should be a huge diffrence between these 2, and that isn't the case.."
    Why should there be a huge difference between the two subclasses? None of the other subclasses in the game have a huge desparity between them. Why should ours? Take Paladins and Shadow Knights. They both wear plate/Vanguard armor. They both have about the same tanking ability. Shadow Knights have more DPS than Paladin's though because Paladins are more defensive in nature. Monks and Bruisers can be compared the same way. Just as Berserkers and Guardians. What you are asking is for them to rewrite the whole game and for no good reason at all.

"Berzerkers should not be tanks.."

Says who?

"Why would anyone choose a guardian when you can choose a berserker that does more DPS and tanks aswell(or close)"

Because Guardians get more/better taunts and more/better defensive capabilities than we do.
  18. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Bingo. They need to fix the guardian class or make it fun. Do not change the berserker class so it less desirable than a guardian, but instead make the guardian class more desirable. However, I doubt guardians are any less desirable now. If someone isn't having fun playing a guardian, then the class just wasn't for them. I really don't see a swarm of people on my server dropping their guards in favor of rolling a zerker instead. There might be issues with that class, but then again that just puts guardians in the same boat as everyone else. This also isn't the forum for guardian issues.
  19. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Me too.
    I find it funny how often that is overlooked. I hope those that switch to berserkers from guardians find what they are looking for, but I think most are not going to be any happier after they find out all the rumors about the berserker class being so much uber just isn't true. (Despite what Guardians read in the Guardian forum, we do not really get self heals, group heals, evac, wards, self invis, lifetaps, awesome debuffs, super unresistable taunts, and ranger or mage DPS)
  20. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

someone thought, "oh goody a MMO game and there's a berserker option, well judging from my vast knowledge of viking lore and my immense amount of time based playing D&D, a berserker can ONLY be how i envision it to be"

your playing a game, not make your fantasy come true.

really, others are correct, you sound like your better off re rolling a brusier, a leather only wearing fighter who can do dps...
    Message Edited by Epyx on 02-20-200601:15 PM