When will they announce the new xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anatha, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Anatha Active Member

We are half way through September now and I would be interested in knowing when DB will announce the new xpac.

On a side note, last year DB had a sale on subscriptions. Are they planning on having another sale?
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

When they have figured out when the BETA, I mean launch, will happen.

In Discord Devs said not to expect a discount on year subs, but it wasn't a 'for sure' thing, more an off the cuff comment.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Cirvandal Active Member

When Kanye runs for president.
  4. Sure Active Member

The last time they were 'not on schedule' which is the other reasonable assumption to make in the absence of actual posted information; was I think, for either the Velious launch which I think happened during Feb (2011) or going further back, Kingdom of Sky launch (2006) also around Feb.

Memory isn't what it used to be, seems Sentinals Fate was also late (2010), but I don't recall that as I was not there for 95% of that expac. TSO burned me out and the expac hype/rumor train was late as it turns out so double whammy.

The expectation is about Nov 15th give or take a week. If they hold to 'tradition'. If not, next window is Feb some time. Possibly a reason they are not offering a discount on subs at this time.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Soon™.
    Svenone, Mizgamer62, Dude and 4 others like this.
  6. Revel Well-Known Member

I'd be okay if they delayed till Feb if it meant they could add more content and fix the state of the game. Sadly, that won't happen.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Nah that only happened once. There was no xpac in '09, it was delayed till February '10. The following year we got 2 xpacs though, one in February and one in November. Ever since then it's been every November.
  8. Stach Well-Known Member

they also usually announced at Fan Faire, which was end sept or Oct most of the time
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

A couple of hints by Devs on Discord went into the direction of Luclin being the upcoming expansion, but than they can fool us and come up with something else.
  10. Punchalotadeeps Member

Or they can just revamp a zone like KoS, make ascensions 50% of all classes spells, another stat inflation, and call it a day.
    Wouldn't suprise me one bit.
  11. Altho Well-Known Member

I think they would lose a truckload of subs waiting till Feb. I also think the cow has run dry in this expac for a while now so my money is on Nov. Would like the intro quest however that hints toward what it is already, was talked about a while ago now. Please don't be luclin...
  12. Altho Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind a sale on the current expansion upgrades right now, while we're still playing in them. Not a 10% 25% thing either, a real sale like you want to move a large amount of products.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Just announced it this morning.

More EQ1 nostaliga, it seems, and that may very well be a good thing. Especially if the Dev team can keep their heads screwed on properly and deliver a nice experience + some number crunches.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

I read the letter, it's pretty much the exact same thing they did last year: ZERO substance and hitting the nostalgia feels with a sledge hammer. And I expect, like last year, we won't get much in the way of details or real information until beta testers start putting it out there.

And since they've got approximately the same time and resources as last year, I expect to see the same quantity and quality of content as last year (or lack thereof).

I could be wrong, though. I hope I am.

-- Planes of Power was an extensive release, unless this is intended to be content released over the next couple of years (ala DoV) then I don't think there is any realistic way they can do it justice, much like the disappointment for many with KA in comparison with the original Kunark release.
    Castegyre likes this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I don't want nostalgia. I want a quality product. I don't want a vapid sales pitch designed to get people excited without actually saying anything. I want information about that product, the one they expect me to give them money for,.
  16. Roxxlyy Community Relations

More detailed information on the expansion will be coming in October. The purpose of this producer's letter was not just to announce that a new expansion is coming, but also to highlight some of the other exciting things we have going on up until that happens. In terms of the new expansion, this was kind of a "heads up" for players.
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

This is what we had last year as well, so it looks like what we can expect going forward. Rather than a build up to an expansion, we'll get a 'heads up' that we do get an expansion this year, and the title of it with further information in October about the time beta opens up.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Woooooooot!

Lastly, to help get ready for PoP we will be doing a Name Purge on October 17th, 2017. If a character hasn’t logged in to the game within the last 5 years it will have a letter appended to the end of its name. Any characters that had their name changed will be able to change their name one time using the slash command ‘/rename’. We hope this helps clear up some unused names! If you have an old character and want to keep the name then all you have to do is log that character in by October 16th, 2017