When will there be new low levels?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by iamvegano, Mar 21, 2023.

1. iamvegano Active Member

I would love to see some new lower levels added (have they been and I missed the update?). I really enjoy taking my time, building my characters bit by bit, and finding new things. I also try to get as many quests done as possible. But even with that, I am a bit tired of always bumping into the same things over and over with a new character (of which I am).

Will this happen?
    Feara likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Unlikely. The last new stating area I recall came with New Halas. This was well over 10 years ago.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

You've gone through every starting area for 1-20/30? Some great starter zones and I can't even get out of places like Darklight woods/Butcherblock docks/city zones baby quests/the boat/island quests with out totally outleveling most of the quests.

collections....
    iamvegano likes this.
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Chronomentor down to the appropriate level or disable experience gain. Many players do this to not rush through the vast world of Norrath.
    Berserkerkitten, iamvegano and Tkia like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The TLE servers are your best bet.
    iamvegano likes this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I guess I misread the OP comments. I read that as he was getting bored with the low-level content, repeating it for multiple toons and was looking for something new for those levels. Everyone else seems to think he is looking for ways to get more exposure to that content. That makes my answer less relevant. Apologies for the error.
    iamvegano likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Never. The remaining player base sticks to the current expansions and expects to keep leveling up higher and higher. There's no practical or enticing reason to add lower level content. As much as I would love to see something else to work through besides the tedious faction grinding of the Plane of Magic timeline at level 100, there's no reason to add another level 100 area to quest through for players to quest from 100 to 110 since there isn't enough of a population to make it worth the effort.
    iamvegano and Dude like this.
  8. Fuhraal New Member

When I start a new character, and want to take it slow leveling up, I always level lock upon spawning in whatever newb zone I chose - both combat AND quest. This way I can go do literally every single quest, never worry about leveling up except by things such as location discoveries, etc. It makes the time played more enjoyable (omg, 10min to fight a non-heroic level 4 green con!), last a LOT longer, and opens doing all the various starter areas.
    Another option I've used is taking an open slot on a second account, create a character and just use it to group & mentor (since with chrono you can only get down to level 5, this lets you go all the way down to level 1). Even just make a new account for only that purpose and leave the character wherever they are while you go bashing up mobs across the world. And with the right merc at your side, you can speed it up or slow it down as you prefer.
    iamvegano and Twyla like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just start a character, do the harvesting bit in New Halas or Greater Faydark Nursery, then go to Antonica and work my way up to 18th level, then go to Butcherblock and get to 20th adv level.

Repetitive, and boring, but it gets the job done.
    iamvegano likes this.