When Warlocks get fixed ????

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Hellfiren, May 26, 2023.

1. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

it has been 3 Expas now all left players on this class which is quiet your fault that we are so low in players on this class telling you thier have to be done major fixes on Warlocks.:rolleyes::mad::mad:

Which you can easy see in several posts over the years the Player Hulda / My Self / Blacks an others told you how and whats to do so why we never get a answer or evan a fix in any way.:mad::eek:

Prestige AAs Right Side for make Deccimation get back its instand cast is still not fixed since BOL.
    Appocalypse is resisted half the Time in RoR dosent matter which stats you have it happens 50% always.
    Rift is the same Problem mine Has a Min Damage form 8T to a max hit on 11t last time i catsed it on groupe of like 20 or mobs and got 500B cant be your truth guys ??
    Epic spell Increases Cataclysem which you still not fixed back on 10m Effective range which it was for like 2 decades 7,5m is = spell useless we are god dam°°it mages so why force us on a range of 7m at least if i want stay on 7 or closer i would have chosen a scout !!!!!:mad::mad:

Base Damage on AOE or all Mage AOE is quit not worth to cast because the Damage on Mobs is totlay wrong calculated a scout DD with same or equal stats like a Swash or Ranger or evan the Assa after fix do like 5 up to 10 times more DPS in AOE as we we mages are able to do, and this issues you know since Beta LAST EXPA !!!!!!

My necro with much lower stats in every slot killes mobs faster than my Lock can since VoV.

If thier is no idea or willing to fix us you will lose many players again next expa, same on many players used to play a Bruiser or a Guard if they arent fixed NOW!!!

As for the Warlocks its realy high level of frustration if you get all your stuff up to MAX possibillity or evan realy close and than look in ACT and start thinking about to leave the game cause from the playerside you have done everything you can and still in **** standing.
    Than write down in Forum or Support what need to be done and nothing happens over 3 years, i tell you if i would work with a customer unfriendly way like this my boss will fire me instand.:mad::mad:

Greetings Helfiren
    PS any Lock Still alive pls give us a peep or an answer.
    Cappy, Rift, Eltroutpetten and 5 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hulda is still slogging along.
  3. Tridav Member

Same frustration here
  4. Blacks New Member

The disparity between Warlock and any other T1 dps has definitely increased in this expansion. Take a look around, nobody plays or rolls a Warlock class anymore especially if they want to be an active or influential part of a raid force. I could count on one hand the remainder of active raid Warlocks on my server alone. Many of the points that Hellfiren has raised have been an issue for multiple expansions now and with so few players within the community to voice their concerns that voice grows more distant.
    And to reiterate what Hellfiren said resists on all spells seems more prevalent in this expansion, i would even say our spells don't crit as much as they used to, overall damage feels lower in comparison to others. Decimation was a replacement for Apocalypse but does not see the reduction in cast time with increments from the AA Diseased Mind like Apocalypse does which effectively makes Decimation redundant with a 3.5 second cast time and 50 second recast. Being a ranged dps class most of our spells either have a range of 36.7 or 26 meters. Cataclysm's range of 7.5 meters needs to be upped significantly, especially now its *Enhanced* as our new epic spell and Rift at 15 meters needs a tweak! Trying to use Cataclysm or Rift on any raid ranged fight make's them a no show with the crippled range they have.
    This used to be a fun class, if there was an AOE party in any zone you would actively seek a Warlock out to bring along! Make Warlocks fun again :)
    Rasheti, Hellfiren and Eltroutpetten like this.
  5. Shwetty Active Member

Its not just warlocks, its sorcerers in general. Until they look at the disparity of sorcerers between summoners pet procs hitting much harder than sorc spells, spell combat mit, spell resistance, and the fact that scouts absolutely dominate tier1 dps, nothing will change with sorcerers.

Sorcerers need some direct damage burst DPS so they can get on the parse quickly and consistently hit 30-50T spells, like sniper shot, blightshadow, danse macabre, assassinate, fatal follow up, etc..
    Stirkettle likes this.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

Hopefully this expansion is the time warlocks gets better.
    Eltroutpetten and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. badname912 Active Member

Let's hope!! I dont think i have seen a class being begged to be fixed more than the warlocks.
  8. Smashey Well-Known Member

Go like and or add your own feed back over at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/warlock-bad.611725/

Warlocks have waited 3 years after the Decimate debacle in 2020. Nothing happen in those 3 years. Bruisers took 5 years to get up to speed, assassins had several players complain weekly for over a year and a half. Locks needs to voice their concern for real or nothing will happen.
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

If you got beta access and want to contribute with suggestions or just throw a like, go to the beta class forum and like the warlock suggestion post please.

Please dont write "warlocksss baaad" - Lets try and contribute and if you just agree with suggestions, just give it a like or if you disagree give some alternative feedback or if you think warlocks fine just completely ignore it.
    Eltroutpetten and Twyla like this.
  10. Eltroutpetten New Member

It would be great if we could get some feedback from the dev team on Warlock's issues. At least we won't feel like we're speaking into a void!
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

RIGHT NOW is the time to get in your feedback. If you are in Beta, there's a whole string of feedback being input, and I sincerely urge everyone knowledgeable about Warlocks to get in Beta, get into the Beta Forums, and provide your feedback on each and every spell and AA that's Just Not Right.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. badname912 Active Member

This has been ongoing for like 3+ years now. Theres plenty of threads with real ideas on fixing things... for example

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/warlocks-status-in-vov.602624/

Along with dozens and dozens more. I dont think I have a seen a class ask and provide more assistance on fixing than the warlock. It feel like every day someone is posting a warlock thread, with 0 attention from the devs. Even their new Epic Spell has been ignored from feedback from people. Warlock threads prob make up 1/5 of all class threads.
    Hellfiren and Eltroutpetten like this.
  13. Smashey Well-Known Member

There is only me and one other guy submitting feedback in the beta forums. Where are all the people that want warlock sorted or want to play them again?

If you got no feedback, just throwing a like here and there if you agree could be helpful.
    Bhayar likes this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I get your frustration. On the flip side, problems with warlocks started 3 years ago, not with this beta. The forums have had plenty of feedback--specific feedback on spells, etc. provided to the devs to resolve issues. Human beings that we are, when we've been talking and providing examples of problems and it's gone on with zero feedback or acknowledgement by the devs, most people would rightfully ask, "well, if they haven't bothered to do chit for the last three years, what's the point of posting it in the beta forums? They've had it in the class forums for mages for 3 years and acted like English comprehension is a lost art" I realize that doesn't help the situation, but it does help explain why you aren't seeing any feedback.
    Blacks, Hellfiren and Twyla like this.
  15. Shwetty Active Member

Again, its not just warlocks, its Wizards also or BOTH SORCERER CLASSES.
    For gods sake Tyrants pact group buff at ancient is 500 potency? 500???? You get more from an overseer temp adorn.

Wizards are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A DOT CLASS.
    Ice Comet, Let it burn, RoD, and Fusion should hit for 3-4x their current amounts. Those spells should be inline with Assassinate, Gut, Sniper Shot, Fatal Followup, Blightshadow, Danse Macabre, etc.
    Clintsat likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Make your way to the Beta forums and give your feedback THERE. The devs aren't looking here.
    Bhayar likes this.
  17. Smashey Well-Known Member

The big question is, will the class feedback in the beta forum even be read :oops:
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

The feedback is read and implemented exactly the same as for all previous beta forums.
  19. Fezagga Member

read and implemented - that's just not even remotely true.
    Blacks likes this.
  20. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

As for me i never was and i never GO BETA for 2 Major Resons:

1 I want a brand new Expa to play and dont want spoil everything before
    2 For 4 Years in the Row now all who gone Beta and told the devs whats wrong and or good they are not able to fix the broken and leave the good , they constantly mess up everything.

Best thing to show up was VoV in Beta all Mages said the Base Damage of any Mage and especialy in AOE was not detectable anyway especialy in raid scout DPS on AOE was like on the Moon and all Mages were bound in Hell on a undereartly performance in AOE and that is a FACT nor for 2 Expas cause this wasnt fixed anyway yet. A Swash with same or equaly stats to a Warlock ( Mage Prime AOE DD ) does like 5 up to 7 times more DPS in best Cases Lock on 5T or evan 6 with Trouba and alot of Backwind > Swashy Same amount of mobs > 10 up to 20T or more .
    The spell Resists on Mage but especialy lock for 2 Expas now is a Joke // Apocalypse Resists 2/3 times everytime same on Rift and as genious point on the top of the Cake they took a Spell ( Cataclysem ) for incresed by the new Epic wich is quiet useless in raid cause of its ( for no reason cut of range to 7.5m from for Ages before 10m ) well done , evan not to mention A Warlock is a Mage and pirme Range DPS not a scout the Major Range for a LOCK is and has been always at least 10m to the target to be most effective.

In Beta of RoR AOE Attack and all the Melee stuff went fine as Expa was launched it wasnt and isnt fixed Yet, playing a Bard feels like Ok i am here for beeing a Buffbot press my buffs and than drink a beer until next Buffs to click you dont need to press any other button cause the result is as you would throw stones on a heavy armored Vehicle .

i could extend this much more but all i would write down here was already said since the Major Warlock nerve in the end of BOL were DB decided to give us a Replace for Apocalypse ( Decimation ) nerved its DPS which was ok because to OP but in the same patch they took of the Abillty from Prestige AA to use Decimation instand on 180Stacks as Apocalypse and following the logic of a replacement it should do more DPS and should follow the same mechanics conditions as the replaced thing.

Or do you Buy a new car for replace your old one with less functions than the old , I GUESS not.
    Tyger, Blacks and Smashey like this.