When to cast wards if my group is in red ?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Radi, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Jibjib New Member

The problem on my Mystic is that wards dont even do anything. I can have 5 wards up on various group members and none of them are absorbing damage. It is truly depressing.
  2. Radi Member

Bro, you still haven't answered my question about what kind of USEFUL debuffs shamans are talking about. As for the "position", I meant the feeling of usefulness of the class in the group or raid. I've been playing shaman for more than a year... hell, probably about 9-10 years old. But who now want to see in the group first of all - Inquisitor or Mystic(or maybe Defiler) ?
    By "position" I mean a unique abilities that defines a class.
    With BT, devs just actually took away from shamans the last thing that made them valuable.
    My opinion.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Bleedthrough has been discussed on the forums and in this thread. Definitely has hampered shaman class. That said, who does a group want to see the most? Maybe it's just me, but I'm less concerned about the class itself then the person who's playing it. Pick any class and all of us playing have seen great examples and crappy examples. Don't get hung up on the class. If you live by the FOTM, you'll die by it as well. This seems to happen every year without fail. One or two classes can be tops in one xpac and the next, they suck because they've been nerfed. Truly, you seem completely disenchanted and I get that. Find a class that you like and go for it. But don't pick one because it's "hot" right now. I realize I keep saying that, but I've seen that theme played over and over again.

Do people like inqs? Yes. They have Verdict and that's fun. They also use reactive heals and that mechanism has had issues over the years. Templars are excellent healers as well. The knock on them is low dps, but they can add a lot to group/raid Then there's Furies and wardens (Druid class) and they have HOTs and bring different things to the table. Then there's Shaman class, but you're already familiar with at least the Mystic. If healer is your thing, I'd really look at these different classes, the buffs, spells, etc they bring to the table and decide which one is a better fit for who you are--and yes, it may make a difference. Use EQ2Wire and look up some players and explore the arsenal of buffs, debuffs, wards, heals, cures, etc that are available to each class and what they are designed to do. If you can, I'd jump into beta on a class and review the AAs. I'd also check out the beta forums and review projected AA changes. I'd find someone who played a class I might be interested in and see if they haven't run through Sol Eye Heroic so you can check on the new spell available. Some of those are dynamite. I'm going to infer you've already reviewed the "upgraded" mystic spell on the Seru merchant. Any rate, have some fun and we can hope DPG will deal with the bleed though issue and make shaman great again. Have fun.
    Argosunited likes this.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

If you know how to properly work a shaman, bleedthru doesn’t matter.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I like my defiler a lot.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I love playing my mystic, and I can effectively heal any content with him. I don't agree with this statement though. Bleedthrough and Ward soft caps are horrible mechanics, therefore it does matter.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

That’s your opinion. As what I stated above is mine. My mystic was my main for a long time. Finally retired pop era. Have continued to keep it relevant, always able swap at a moments notice and do what’s necessary without any frustration or difficulty. Have told countless mystic how to play their class better, the ones that listened were considerably better, the few that didn’t, well let’s just say 1 is a conspiracy theorist who thinks a dev got beat up by a healer in grade school thus the bleedthru hate nonsense, and the other was awful mystic and defiler. It’s all perspective, but the class isn’t hard. Inability of person playing is what makes it difficult.
  8. Unnattural Member

Rev while i agree mystics have tools to use to heal the bleed through and you and i have discussed i can aslo say yea its possible to heal on mystic ... i had a pull on challenge mindless where i was playing my mystic and my co healer went ld and for 3 min i was able to maintain my grp... It was not easy tho and it defeats the purpose of a ward class when i had to do stuff like that and 65% of my heal parse was not WARDS... Having someone die in my grp with my grp ward up and a st ward on them and it being unused is BS imo... Mystics are great healers but i will say that imho the amount of bleed through in the game needs scaled back ... Scald for instance ...it does not matter if my healer has wards on me or not, if i get hit with that auto im gonna die basically... which is dumb that a 1b hit can kill me if i have 2b worth of wards on me lol... YES skilled players know how to deal with the mechanics but that does not change the fact that the bleed through mechanic is over tuned.
  9. randomplayer Member

Late to the party so I'll just throw my 2c in. We did experts last night and I just went over the logs and it was about 1/3 for wards, which I found surprising because at raids almost all my healing is done by the aa heals and sometimes only 1 or 2% by the wards which is just nuts. But at least in expert group content, wards are doing about 1/3. Then you have like 117 other buttons you can click depending on circumstances.

I still think it is utterly ridiculous that I can have all wards going, have one of the aa running, have the tank as my target and I dont even get to see hp going down its just *blast* and its all over. Completely random. But this is not limited to Mystic because when I play with Warden we can both have everything going and its the exact same result. Then, next try, easy. We have actually reset raid zones before when healing is chaotic and when we come back in its all good. Wtf is this?

Anyway...play what you enjoy playing. At the moment I am enjoying the challenge but really, how long can I keep this up with the game in the state it is in? I'm waiting for my Pantheon alpha invitation.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it isn't the healer. Sometimes the tank misses a bulwark, etc. which I've actually seen repeatedly. Two things I'd like to see go "bye bye" or at least tuned into some semblance of sane programming: bleedthrough and bulwark. But hey, we all have our wish list.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

Typically if someone is going from full to dead in heroic content, it is some kind of script fail. Some zones, like daiku challenge, still have encounters with scripts that need to be at least partially followed. If it is just heavy damage, their health will usually spike for a second or two before they die, long enough for me to hit an emergency save and ask them to use a temp.

My defiler's group ward is still her top heal on the parse, although its typically followed by her hot and totemic.