When did Zebuxorok ascend

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Mixxit, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mixxit Active Member

Hi, doing research on earlier human like races before the time of the elves I began to wonder about Zebuxorok

Looking at the various history of norraths compliations that sony have put out (history of norrath/creation of norrath) it would seem the age of snake lore fits in sometime before the decline of the elven empire

However we know that Zeboxorok gave the unholy writ of war to the iksar when they were an early race (kotiz etc) - so tell me - if Zebxorok gave the book to the shissar before the elven empire ended - was this during his time as a mortal or before he became a god

Also was this before or after the creation of the barbarians?

Quotes and links to lore would be useful to confirm whats said - thanks!
  2. Mixxit Active Member

i say gave the book to the shissar for some reason but mean iksar
  3. suka Well-Known Member

4. suka Well-Known Member

5. suka Well-Known Member

6. Mixxit Active Member

I'm pretty certain that Venril's power to take control of the five tribes was down to zeb's unholy writ of war that he stole from Kotiz but my question here is more about the timing of his gift

We know that Zeb transcended after Druzzil took him under her wing but looking at the timing of the gift he gave to the iksar it makes me wonder what race existed for zeb to transcend from at that time

The humans weren't around yet he looks remarkably human - so i'm seriously wondering about if he is yet another of the human like races from before the elven era
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Where do you get the idea there were human-like races before the human era? Before the Elves were placed on Norrath there was Dragons and a few of Brell's early creations. Oh, and Leviathans.

Zeb could be human. That would place his ascendency in the Lost Age. That would make sense with the city of Tanaan lore.
  8. Mixxit Active Member

The lost age is long after Venril united the tribes and zeb gave the book to kotiz before venril did all that
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

Go backwards. The Cabalisian Empire was about...200 years old during the Age of Turmoil? The Satherian Empire was...umm...how long did it last? I want to say 500 years but that could be off. 160 years for Veniril. The rest of the Emperors didn't last all that long (each). How long did the Emerald Counsel last? 50 years? At 750 years that puts the fall of the Shissar during the Age of Blood. Stretching it out to 1000 puts it during the Lost Age. We're not exactly sure how long the lost age is. Somewhere in the range of 350-1000 years depending if you want to give each age a fixed length (doubtful) or just that it had a signature event that marked its beginning and character (more likely).

Iksar history isn't my strong point, but I'm not horrible about it either. Anyone feel like filling in a bit more?
  10. Mixxit Active Member

cause venril united the tribes around 3615 AN and barbarians were made around 4600AN