Wheel of Time - Skyfire

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Frostii, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Frostii Member

Looking for players that are OK soloing. We are a small guild and on occasion people may not be on to group with.
  2. Wrandelthorr New Member

Tell me a bit bout your guild please......Specifically, any older gamers here? I mean like REAL older gamers! Basically a soloer but really love Norath and would love to find a nice social guild that I might be able to help. Smaller is my preference as well! I like to get to know my guildies! Thx!
  3. Wrandelthorr New Member

Forgot to mention....Robert Jordan was brilliant........Your guild name was what got my attention......
  4. Frostii Member

I played original EQ many years. Also Rift, SWTOR, Elder Scrolls Online, DCUO, and Ultima Online. What I am looking for are peeps that are not snowflakes. Peeps have joined from time to time, then left. Mainly because peeps are not online to play with or maybe PL them. Or they pay RL money to level and join a raid guild. We don't PL here, the game itself is a PL, especially with the golden road mentality and the agnostic dungeons. What we need are peeps that are committed to staying with us no matter how small we are, or if you may be online alone. If we are steady and keep recruiting peeps may come and go, but peeps that don't want everything handed to them may stay.

I played original EQ. THAT game was hard and needed grouping. I feel it is the gold standard for gaming, I hate WoW going live a month before EQ2 and becoming popular dumbing all MMORPG down since.
  5. Frostii Member

Tell me some names to invite you on... WE seem old school and we want you..

6. Frostii Member

Come to us if you respect the books, want to join a guild that does not handhold, or look forward to the series on Amazon. We are currently LV 122
  7. Wrandelthorr New Member

Now you really have me interested! Your list of games played resembles mine. I started in EQ1 and was there for 5 years. My final log out was a gut wrenching decision! Where to finally lie my tired bones to rest??? EQ2 has been my go to game since I left EQ1. I wander a lot, but always return home. Where you at real world and whats your normal in game times. i need to find you! And, are you a fairly OLD player??? At my age I tend to stay away from the youngsters! For me the journey is far more important than the destination. Final thought......For every land I wander, my primary toon is always Eyesadi!
  8. Wrandelthorr New Member

Nother question for you.....How many active players in the guild? And, your definition of active please.
  9. Wrandelthorr New Member

Just lil ole me........So I see you have 151 members. I assume most are inactives? and 17 at cap! Showoffs! Are 12 of them YOU? Great work if so! I am Noraths biggest altaholic. Bar none! In fact, it's why I never make any progress......Just really enjoy this wonderful world!
  10. Frostii Member

I've been meaning to clear out inactive, and had been doing a little now and then. But since CVID-19 hit I stopped clearing any in case peeps come back that are homebound. It pains me to clear out inactive for any reason, just in case. Having them there hurts nobody. And yes, I am OLD by some peeps standards, age 45. Though when I played Rift I had a young lady in her 80s in the guild. She was loved and respected enough in the guild I gave her leadership when I left the game.

As far as alts, I have one of each class, plus a mule. Many are max level at 120, but not geared well. I have 1 toon slot I use to run HQs when I feel like it, level doing them, and delete it. Then I reroll it to rinse and repeat for status.

I am EST gamer that logs in after dinner, around 5pm, and play for a few hours, though not every day.

Not many active, mainly because of what i stated above. Peeps join excited, realize some days they play alone, then leave. Invite another, realize some days they are alone and leave. Etc. If peeps stuck around after all my time recruiting in chat we would have had a decent team. Seems peeps these days have no patience or pride in building something.
  11. Wrandelthorr New Member

My interest remains! Sounds like we are kinda of the same mindset and circumstances. These days I play for the simple enjoyment of Norath. I'd argue it remains the best MMO ever. You are indeed a baby my potential leige! At 72 seasons you could be my grandson! Also an East coaster here. Not in Ct by chance are ya? 10 years retired now and gaming is my main source of entertainment. Gone are the days when I THOUGHT I could be uber. I just enjoy LEVELING something. Adventure level, tradeskill level, guild level....it matters not to me! Just the fun of making progress EVERY day! I play multiple accounts and most every day. Where is your hall and is it open to visitors? I'd love to take a peek! I just might yet be able to aid you a bit!
  12. Frostii Member

Our hall is located off the commonlands docks. T3 Hall. Living in DE, though I did live on LI a few years.

When I make officers, they are based upon Ajah. Yellow has been a wildcard so made that ajah the tradeskill ajah. I'm not gonna put an officer in charge of healing.

Blue ajah for HQs. Red Ajah for discipline. Green ajah for raids when we get enough for that. Grey ajah for forming partnerships with other guilds. Brown for knowing quests best. White for setting up website and voice. And as I said, yellow for tradeskills. And the Black, for running loot runs since the black seeks power. Similar to the green, but maybe mentoring down for gear out of greed.

Enough of this back and forth though. It's clear you have interest so please just seek us out in game. It would be nice to have a real fan of the books in the guild. And every day you are not with us is another day we are missing a recruiter.

-Frostii, Watcher of the Seals, The Flame of Tar Valon, The Tamylin Seat
  13. Frostii Member

Wranelthorr....
  14. Frostii Member

Slowly getting stronger from things we have been learning from new members. Look for us, small but mighty.
  15. Wrandelthorr New Member

Do tell! How many recruits ya got? Learn more......I need to catch up! Been hanging around mostly in the planes just leveling up toons......potency and resolve are SO critical now.......Got a few toons to 120 and now they basically sit. I REALLY need to expand my horizons.
  16. Frostii Member

Are you on Skyfire? Been looking for you and no luck.
  17. Wrandelthorr New Member

You will, no doubt, recall I mentioned in addition to being the worlds oldest living gamer, I am also a Norathian Addict. So yes, I am on SF. And MD. And HOF And AB. Yep, Ima all over! Perhaps why we keep missing each other? I keep doing a /who all wheel........Have seen a WoT er on occasion, but never YOU! I'l keep checking tho. Ima nothing if not persistant!
  18. Frostii Member

Plz let another Wot person recruit you or we will never meet up. Geez. Don't wait for me. Also I have many alts. So "Frostii" may not be on though I am. Reach out.
  19. Frostii Member

20. Frostii Member

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the lands of Norrath. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was A beginning.
    Breanna likes this.