What's with the mercs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by chattie, Dec 10, 2018.

1. chattie Well-Known Member

I'm about tired of lying on the ground while my merc stands there looking at me after he failed to offer even one heal before I died and the mobs are pounding on him while he watches over my dead body and never offers a rez, really??? This needs to be addressed.
  2. Uruketo New Member

It sounds like you have Grimror for a merc too.
    elflover and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to back off healer mercs if you want them to consistently heal/cure. If they are protecting and/or assisting, they forget they're supposed to heal.
    elflover likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

No, its something else going on, I have noticed the past week or so they will sometimes just stand there and watch you die, its happened 5 times on two different characters and two different mercs.
    Its a rather odd thing to be programed to be part of RNG, or so it would seem.
    If anyone nows what might be triggering this, please by all means let me know so I can avoid it in the future.
    Oh and I have tried different variations of settings of assist and not.
  5. Bandayde New Member

Totally agree with you...my wife has laughed at me for how pissed I've been getting with the lazy mercs. I've been using Zhurg mostly, but each one I've tried has had similar behaviors.

If I hold it back it still happens...
    elflover likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me. My tinfoil hat was tingling with echoes of "bleedthrough" effecting poor Grimror - so I switched 'em out for an Inq merc (the new fire ball lookin one). Talk about out of the fryin pan, into the fire - literally.

Perhaps they want all 60 resolve accolades now... /shrug.
    elflover likes this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The one thing that I had in common with all the deaths so far was it only happened in the Doomfire overland zone, not sure if maybe the merc is actually getting lost in the terrain or what, I do know sometimes I seem to have line of sight issues with a mob, but even when I move to try to get them to heal me..they just look at me like "serves you right you idiot!" The other thing that seems to be in common is that when they let me die they will never rez me...like they are disconnected..Its not like when I pull way to many and they cant keep up, they always rez me when that happens.
    Oh and that fireball looking one ..he has a habit of letting your health get way to low before doing anything..you take any spike damage and you're a goner, I retired him to pasture rather quickly..he looks pretty BA tho.
    Moonfyre, Kawoosh and elflover like this.
  8. Ellah Active Member

I’m so glad it’s not just me!

I’ve been getting very annoyed at my birdy merc (the cd one) which has started standing thread watching me die.

I pretty much always have him backed off so that he can focus on keeping me up and running and just lately he just seems to do nothing. I’ve tried moving around in case it wa line of sight, hoping, as my health bar drops another bit, that a heal might be on the way, but no. He has been pretty good at rezzing quickly after I die though. Although i’ve Noticed he will only Rez once, if it gets interrupted then instead of trying again in a minute, he just does nothing. I’m sure they used to try every 60 seconds....
    Moonfyre, Kawoosh and elflover like this.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

Gotta love mercs right? The only one Ive had any luck with is Evania , the weird elf merc you find in Ka token from t he panda. Cd merc just isn't much help, to me weak and I didn't hv the patience to level him and the fact he's very noisy. (and cookie mercs are a waste of time each one ive had will pull a whole zone get to you and die and leave me a mess to deal with, and this is entering a zone kill a thing or 2 and they take off even when not in combat) Eva mostly listens and if you put her on just follow she'll heal and res but if she's got any thing besides that she'll try to kill things before rezzing.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

New Marketplace Item:
    Merc Kick in the Pants
    Effect:
    Makes sure that Mercs will heal you before you hit 60% health and will rez you within 30 seconds without line of sight issues
    Cost: 100 DBC
    Duration 1 hour

New Marketplace Item:
    Merc Kick in the Pants With Steel Capped Boots
    Effect:
    Makes sure that Mercs will heal you before you hit 80% health and will rez you within 50 seconds without line of sight issues
    Cost: 500 DBC
    Duration 3 hours
    Juraiya, chattie and Kawoosh like this.
  11. Alarra Well-Known Member

New In-game crafterd item:
    Mercenary Cologne
    Effect:
    Makes sure that Mercs will heal you before you hit 50% health and will rez you within 40 seconds without line of sight issues
    Duration 30 minutes
    Rare Item: 5x Purified Sapphires
    chattie and Kawoosh like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

None of that would surprise me if it were actually true, thing is we have already paid for something that doesn't work as it should, why would we continue to pay more?
    Moonfyre and Kawoosh like this.
  13. Prox Well-Known Member

I start using an older pali merc from like 4 expansions ago . He works perfect.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

On one of my toons no matter what merc I use this happens, the merc just stands there and doesn't res. Meanwhile on another toon the same mercs work just fine.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  15. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

This has been happening for years. When Kluuron V'Lorn (Altar of Malice) was new, and even today, multiple Klurrons interact. You and friends can be in a battle for your lives, and two Kluurons will stand next to each other and take a break. They continue to stand and watch the corpses.

Of course this tends to happen with all Mercs.

Unfortunately expect this to be another "in the works" to be fixed issue.
  16. Blazen Active Member

Could this be a confidence issue with said mercs?
    Kawoosh likes this.
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

I notice my merc and my pet are a lot slower then me. If I don't wait for them to catch up they are worthless.
  18. Gninja Developer

We are looking into this. Sorry for the trouble folks!

Keep in mind that mercs are not meant to be a fully 100% replacement for grouping with another player. We are thinking that the issues with not resurrecting players has something to do with the odd way line of sight works in the game. We are investigating to see if there is something we can do to optimize it.
    Moonfyre, Juraiya, Breanna and 6 others like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Gninja.

Personally I think that Kawoosh and his friends are just trying to fight something when its time for a coffee break. *sheesh*
  20. Argonath Member

Maybe just turn all the Mercs into Gnomes. Because if you can't trust a Gnome who can you trust .
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.