Whats the point?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. pon New Member

What was the point of making level 90 Green adorns Ledendary to start with?
  2. Koleg Active Member

What was the point of having a Name Filter?
    Ivory, Uguv, Lempo and 1 other person like this.
  3. pon New Member

Thanks for the troll post but I was asking a serious question. Any Devs that can say why this was done?
  4. Koleg Active Member

Becasue they hate F2P people and want them to purchase unlockers to support and pay for the computer time and space they are consuming without recourse.... Is that seriously enough for you Mr. Tampon?
  5. pon New Member

Seriously no its not. I doubt they made the change due to F2p and if they hated F2p then why did they make it in the first place. Please have a basic understanding of business before making these accusations.
  6. Sucha Active Member

It's called sarcasm Tampon, and is the change from fabled to legendary that big? I am sure if it were you would see a lot more people here screaming and whining about it.
  7. pon New Member

Its not that its big, its a simple question I posted. I did think the forums were for asking and replying to such things? Was I incorrect in thinking this was a place to do such a thing? Maybe these forums are really for sarcasm and trolling. Thanks for clearing it up.
  8. Zahk New Member

Should be pretty obvious... since they drop as loot, and most groups use standard need before greed legendary+ loot rules... with them set at legendary people get to roll on them if they need instead of just randomly getting dumped in someone's inventory because they were only treasured.
  9. Seiffil Active Member

Honestly I like the change as with groups I've run, I prefer to keep loot settings on legendary+ but are forced to set it to treasured which means you have to roll on every single little item to keep the green adornments from being awarded via the round robin settings. Cause I love seeing a defiler getting adornments like orb of crippling fear, (though that adornment doesn't level at all). It also allows the loot to be set at legendary+ on raids and not worry about having to remember to go look and see who was given the adornment, if they even remembered to look.
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

They were most likely set to legendary because they wanted to require F2P users to buy unlockers for them (that is a good thing), setting them to legendary allows group loot option to be set to leader only looting Fabled and above and not have raid leaders wasting everyones time on these and they can need, greed or decline.

also I give a +1

Of course when they went f2p that allows silly little pre pubescent children to create accounts and post, it is just oe of the negative aspects.

Anyway I hope that answers your question.
  11. pon New Member

I thank you for the serious awnsers and yes they all make sense. Now if they could just fix the leveling of some of these adorns like Will of the Shiverback King that would be fantastic.
  12. Koleg Active Member

The business model of F2P is to entice microtransactions via the in-game marketplace and limit the available F2P games based on items rather than content. F2P already gets 90% of the game for free, so what is it exactly we do not understand about business? Some people Pay RL money to play and some people expect the same amount of content for no charge and then turn around and lecture others about how dumb of a business person they might be.

And TBH, its difficult to take a "I asked a serious question" comment from someone you wants to be known (or unknown) to the world as TAMPON... awesome!
  13. pon New Member

I am glad you spent the last few hours on google, thanks for your time Koleg! Whatever that is or was? At this point you never really awnsered my question ^^^^see top^^^ , so in turn thanks for blowing your time as well as the community here on the forums.

BTW sig names mean nothing on a forum, Theres a pro tip.
  14. Koleg Active Member

Sig names are instulting to people reading them, the same people you are begging an answer from.
  15. pon New Member

Sad comeback and yet another waste of the communitys time reading.
  16. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Had our guild conjuror loot a green adorn that was perfect for dps classes... if it didn't level up from HEALING.
    So... aside from super-slow leveling, and all, he's now stumped on how to level the silly thing. Some of the green adorns just don't make sense.
  17. Gaealiege Active Member

This is what we have become.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

It actually was most likely done because of the hassle they were causing Group and Raid content level players. As non-legendary, Green Adornments were auto-looting and causing headache. This is however doesn't make sense... a F2P wouldn't be able to level a Green Adornment past Treasured Level because wouldn't it pop-off?