What's the point of the change in raid zones? ( Locking zones )

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Tomshindo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Tomshindo Active Member

It allows people easily to lock the zones, but what's the point of this change?

If someone zones to raid instances accidentally, that may cause him not to join in his raiding due to the multiple locktimers.At least you should make it clear or make some condition not to zone unwillingly.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Prox Well-Known Member

There was some kind of exploit , this was the current answer to it.
    Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

About a year ago it was possible to raid a single raidzone three time within an evening with one toon. The actual mechanism seems to be the final answer to avoid this "problem".
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Lemilla Active Member

They've attempted to fix that exploit at least 4 times in the past 10 years.

The current fix could use something to prevent peoplle from accidently zoning into (or getting zoned into) a raid zone when not actually being in a raid.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Gninja Developer

The plan is to fix the underlying issue while we have it like it is now, then we can take a look at removing the lock when zoning in. For the time being it will need to remain in place as folks were exploiting the lockouts the way they were previously to completely bypass any sort of rate of entry for loot/progression. We had left it alone for a while under the understanding that it could not be used to exploit zones. That was ignored, so the lockout had to be added until we can get a more elegant solution in place.
    Breanna, Drona, Sigrdrifa and 4 others like this.
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Have the offending guilds been communicated to the fan-based raid progression site? I would imagine it could be reflected there since that is our "scoreboard" for progression guilds.
  7. Gninja Developer

We cannot discuss any sort of action taken against anyone but this situation did not warrant a reset in achievements as the offending party did not get any sort of first kills or progression ranking effects.
    Drona, Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Did you at least penalize them by confiscating loot/shinies?
    Sigrdrifa and Tomshindo like this.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

How about changing this so we can only zone into the new raid zones when we are in a raid?
    This will ellliminate the being zoned into a raid zone by mistake
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Tomshindo Active Member

I don't think it a good way to affect other players who don't exploit in that way.
    If you'd like to prevent people from doing something, it's better to put them penalties to make effect than limiting the whole people.
    Or would you come and unlock the accidental lock timers? If so, it would be nice.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or just add a confirmation box on zoning into a raid zone.

"Player X is attempting to zone you into Raid Zone XYZ, Do you wish to accept?"

Yes..... No..... Call to Guild Hall, I'm scared....
    Mercychalice, Cyrrena, Mermut and 5 others like this.
  12. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Errrorr 404: Bad Idea not found.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This causes problems when you are raiding. Someone shows up late and needs to zone in and port to the raid. Midway through the raid, people want to run back to the Guild Hall and renew buffs and heartbinding, etc.
  14. Tomshindo Active Member

As I expected, a member of my raid group has accidentally zoned into a raid zone, so he's awaiting for CS to delete the zone or he has to wait until it can be reset.

He was being invited to the raid and pressed 'accept' to get in, but in the raid group we happened to encounter the battle so he wasn't able to get in the group. But he thought he was , and zoned in, and you see what happend.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

What? how exactly would this cause these problems you are adressing? show up late? get a raid invite? go heartbound well go heartbound u dont need to drop raid for this - linkdead? get a new raid invite
    What i suggested was that we could only zone in or see the raid zones in the zone window if we where in a raid.
    This would elliminate the problem that someone in a grp got zoned into a raid zone by mistake and locking emself out
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a confirmation box upon clicking into a Raid zone. Simple, player dependent, and efficient. you are given a choice upon which you may refuse. This is worthy.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

inb4 marketplace zone reset totems

10 percent chance to reset your zones upon use, each use increases your chances

"Your zones didn't reset this time, but subsequent reset attempts may increase your chances!"

I'm kidding of course...
  18. Gninja Developer

Someone get me a pen to write this down... :p
    Dude, Drona, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tomshindo Active Member

Now CS answered that is a game mechanic so they wasn't able to support us.
    Then, would you mind helping him to reset the lockout??
    Such accidents happen if we pay attention to it.
  20. Gematria Active Member

Just had another raid night that was somewhat ruined by this change. Due to an accidental zoning, it left a few of our raiders out.

We are by no means a HC raiding guild so not everyone is 100% aware of this issue, and few actually understands it, which just makes it even more frustrating when i have to kick people from the raid because of this.

We only raid officially 2 days a week, so having just one raid missed because of stupid issues like this lockout change means you miss 50% of the raids.
    I know you are using this to patch a hole that you are later going to fix properly, but this is really ruining our raid nights. So far 2 raid nights over 2 weeks have been ruined for some people because of this change, so could we have the "real fix" implemented sooner rather than later?