What's the intent/outcome to this new "Secret of the Sands?"

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Bhayar, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We all received the email this am, but there's zero information about what this is supposed to do when you finish? What is completing this intended to do for anyone?
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Nunja Well-Known Member

No idea yet but the whole ticks as a mob thing grosses me out beyond belief. Like who was the genius that decided that?!?!
  3. Prayos Well-Known Member

It's a prelude quest, a teaser, an appetizer if you will, to the next expansion.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Prayos. We were finally able to track it down as well.
  5. Zornar Member

The questline rewards a Djinn Dust Wisp pet at the end.
    Soara2, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And my characters got a quest from some bird-like folks over by the houses in Qeynos. Dragons talking to them via a portal ?
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Aerakyn race (which players can buy on the marketplace and play as) were created in EverQuest's timeline in an expansion sometime around 2007.

Long story summarized: Mayong Mistmoore the vampire became the Demi-God of Blood in that timeline and caused chaos that eventually threatened the Nest -- the brooding grounds for many of Norrath's dragons. Some of the dragons infused a group of Humans with their essences to create the Drakkin, who would be loyal to Veeshan and the dragons and help to defend the Nest. One dragon in particular took a similar route and created the Aerakyn by infusing dragon essences with elves for the same purpose, but also included a failsafe by using a magic artifact called Veeshan's Scale that would force the race to work for whoever uses it. Kerafyrm managed to get his hands on the Scale and bring the Aerakyn race into EQ2's timeline. Kerafyrm was eventually defeated and the Aerakyrn now had their free will back, but were stranded in our timeline. The Aerakyn in Qeynos are trying to adjust to this similar-but-different Norrath, while the ones in Freeport are worried that someone out there found Veeshan's Scale and may actually be controlling them.

Cut to this prelude event, and Faezoth in Qeynos has heard a message from a dragon from the original EQ1 timeline where the Aerakyn first came from, and think that there may be a way to go back.
    Hartsmith, Soara2, Juraiya and 7 others like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The quests give you a chance to build faction with the Nomads of Ro as well. One benefit is the ability to buy desert-themed house items. There may be other good reasons to get the faction as well, we don't know yet.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Welcome back!
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I was wondering if we were doing a sequel to Serpent's Spine. I guess we just did a sequel to GoD, so why not.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I had to animate those suckers! I was grossed out for two weeks!
    Soara2, Lateana, Juraiya and 9 others like this.
  12. Prayos Well-Known Member

Nah, it'll be an Age of Discovery sequel. :D
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah, they really suck. :D
    Soara2, Juraiya, parissa and 4 others like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As disgusting as they may be, it does show good promise that whatever else you had to animate for the next expansion is certain to look good in doing so.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

/waves to Dude.

SO glad to be back. Being sick for weeks is a complete [EXPURGATED].
  16. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Glad you're feeling better now.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

19. Maruviel New Member

Out of curiosity, do we ever get to loot the cache? I had a fond hope that once I had +50k faction I would finally be able to loot the thing, just found out that was not the case lol....
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm guessing that we will, because that stuff is probably what's going to be used to create the portal to new expansion content. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as part of the sig line.