What's the future of EQ2??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hasberg, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The collectors edition comes with complimentary carpal tunnel wrist brace and stylized steel tooth picks to keep the peepers propped open! :p
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

I just wished they didn't add those bracers in PG with that 200% max health orange addorn

frustrating that u have to grind something u hate to get those stuff
    Mizgamer62 and Breta like this.
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

Care enough that my shadowknight cloak has lagged out raid since ToT
    Mizgamer62 and Neiloch like this.
  4. Cirvandal Active Member

I just wonder who the mad genius is at daybreak who thought: "Hmmmm.... so people are begging for more alt friendly content... hmmm.... ANOTHER 1200 PG MARKS TO THE GRIND?!"
    Mizgamer62 and Earar like this.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why some people don't understand why one has to work hard to get top gear in MMO. Why grinding?

There are multiple targets in MMO to reach. Some people enjoy the fictional world, some people enjoy social interaction, other people try to collect all collections, yet another one wants to do all achievements.
    There's also a plenty of people who wants to have the best toon possible, best gear, best spells, best abilities.
    Specially for these people (and only for these) there's a grind in MMO, artificial barrier to get the top gear.
    It is beneficial to all parties involved INCLUDING players, because if these players (and only these) get the best, they will have nothing left to do, they start to look elsewhere and they probably leave the game.

At the same time MMO should provide multiple ways and multiple opportunities to get top gear, so it should not push player to run the same instance 5 times per day week after week. There should be some variety to it. But the main idea behind it still the same, artificial barrier that can not be worked around at least for several months, until better gear comes with a new expansion.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

there is grind and grind. nobody minds grinding .. it's part of all MMOs
    It's also the fun, the part where u need to get groups to do stuff

but PG grind isn't same .. it's boring mindless stuff .. solo mostly ... and most people don't like it. but they add stuff there and force us to grind a boring hated stuff to get that gear.

At least the ethereal event forces u to do experts, u play your class with your stats, and the item u get makes u be better for the zones u grind.

PG .. u grind something that doesn't even help u grind faster coz it's normalised stats .. it's buggy, it's in another server .. people lost toons there and on thurgadin u cannot zone safely there or it takes ages. and the grind as I said will never be faster even if u get better gear so it's also frustrating, because a 8 min run will always be around 8 minutes.

and also lots of people got frustated last year with the ethereal event .. where people grinded their runes to see it be nerfed for new xpac and even forced replaced by the celestial gate stuff. sure u always get replacement, but when u farm so much u want it to stay usefull a bit. And also some people lost faith in DBG.

to me .. it feels DBG does minimum work (expert is exactly that .. same as heroic but with more stats and same loot but with more stats ..., EPIC2 mythical ... lot of work but not impressive and even the effect of the weapon didn't change like for epic 1 ... new ethereal runes .. almost same effects than the cloak .. even for the already crappy spells in ToT .) and ask us to work a lot for those minimal increases.

so yeah .. grinding is not the main concern to me ... it's our feeling and our trust of daybreak .. that is kind of ... not that strong anymore
  7. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I understand that grinding can be boring. Especially when there's not much variety to it. I try to avoid grinding whenever possible myself. On the other hand I know that it is unavoidable as long as I want to have the best. So either I grind or I have to find my way without best. So far so good. 4 years in Norrath, still tons to do while doing minimum grinding.

About the faith in company. I'll come back to it a bit later...
    Wreakinn likes this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about writing something to defend faith in developers and company but then decided to put it aside for now. It's almost weekend :D
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

u have the right to have faith in them :)
    and it's nice !!

right now I don't .. there are too many things that went wrong this xpac sadly :(. too much grind, pay to win, too low drop rate .. and though OF is a nice zone, I am sad the armor design is so poor.
    I mean .. I personnaly hate the mythical armor design (which is same as the trak armor pieces I saw yesterday) and I dislike it's the same whether u are scout or mage or brawler. The weapons are all the same.
    Where the goo on the goo covered axe ?

all of those litte things that stack up and don't help :/
    Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Developers usually care about the product they're working on--the question is, does management? Also, some advice from personal experience: if they one day have a company meeting where they solemnly assure you that the company isn't going anywhere, and no layoffs are planned, so don't worry--- it's time to start shopping your resume around, because the ship's officers are stealing the lifeboats and don't want the crew to notice that the ship is sinking. Every place I've ever worked where they had THAT meeting, the layoffs started within the month.
    Spindle, Juraiya, Neiloch and 3 others like this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

is it for the devs or for us ? should I start doing my resume for another game ? :)
    Neiloch and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Castegyre Well-Known Member

The company is going to do whatever they can to not let us know what's going on until the last minute. If their track record is anything to go by they'll be dishonest, dismiss our worries as meaningless, some people may be silenced, and then at the last minute everything will go to crap. All the while the devs and staff will be caught in the middle. Examples; the way the buyout was handled, Next, and Landmark. Too bad they don't still have Genghis Khan to 'manage' the unwashed masses.
    Xakrein and Tekka like this.