Whats the formula for directly adding Screenshots?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Bashem, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ok at titles is asking as someone trying to add my screenshots to posts I want to know what formats can be used?
    What the size restriction for the screenshots in file size and pixel size. I tried a few differnt size and formats. They all are seen added to post but get some to big to post message or the cant see preveiw of them and they not added to post. I prefer to just make my captures work the first time and not have to use dropbox or photobucket to show the pictures. Must be easy way to do this just tired of trying different methods and there not working :confused: TIA!

I looking at my post as it was made and another question popped does my signature effect my overall post size?
    I hope not but where my sig is larger than most maybe was giving less room to post my screenshots.
  2. Droll Active Member

Use Imgur. Copy the BBcode line. Paste here, this forum does the rest.

[IMG]
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Attachments are disabled, so no matter what format you save the images, you cannot post them using attachments.

Using a third party website is the only way.
    suka and macatk like this.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

I was hoping that was not the case and thought I had seen seen other posts that did not lead to another website not sure how they were posted.
    That said I wonder if this site will ever add having the ability to add attachments which would greatly make the forums more useful.
    I think SOE prefers it this way to limit how much can be added to posts.
    I mean we cant even add our own custom avatars. Certainly makes it easier to code the forums and maintain them but these forums should have the equal capability thats on most other modern website forums.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Actually they had to go out of their way to DISABLE custom avatars and install a hack that provides an avatar gallery. Out of the box, the forum software supports custom avatars. Someone actually found a way to force a custom avatar and they got banned for their troubles, so SOE knows it's possible and went out of their way to block it. :rolleyes:

The funny thing about SOE running off-the-shelf forum software (namely XenForo) is that there are people out there like me who would be happy to help them configure and customize it. Of course all my offers of help have been rebuffed, and every suggestion I have ever made about policies (like custom avatars, signature size, overall color scheme, etc.) have been rejected because "We know what we're doing".
    macatk and suka like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

the img they use here only puts a link to where online the pictures are stored- that can be a personal cloud if you have one. it simply has to have an online address. there are plenty of clouds- even some antiviruses like Norton offer them. there are a lot of free ones like flikr. or if you have one of those small free websites you can still get everywhere, you can put them there.
    macatk likes this.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

They do know what they are doing thats what scare me the most
    All SOE wants to do is make there life easy and Have another sale. They focus on getting people money and way they can.
    I played Planetside 2 this Saturday to see if was another SOE game I might ever actually play or just save me some HD space. I choose the training part so could check out how to play the game. Now game screen wants me to activate something and I never played this game before so interface was unknown to me the demo is supposed to let you see how thing work to play the game. I click on a weapons screen came up to purchase. Ok cool this how you buy in game items I figure like using plat in EQ2. Next thing you know I bought some weapon for 630sc it took from my account.:mad:
    I now posted to SOE and they still have not responded to me figured get some answer by yesterday.
    I am tired of all these in game clicks to buy stuff like rezzes when you die and you click it instead or the free option.
    I know I did need to confirm purchase but if I am tired I can make a mistake thinking I am confirming the free option. If soe decides hold my SC on that check the demo purchase may be back playing WoW with new expansion the graphics look less cartoonish to me and that was main reason I stopped playing and get level 90 too when you have a if you make a pre-buy of new expansion.
    I play Diablo there too and it took a year but they got rid of buying in game items from other players and it an improvement to the game and once I bought RoS there is never any need to spend more money on anything.
    You solo for loot which is fun and good loot or can play with others if you prefer.
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

I am happy to report the 630sc was just credited back to my account from the Planetside 2 unintended SC purchase :)
    I not a person looking to blame SOE for the worlds problems but I try to make sure there fair to me and there customers and they did me right on this instance! :cool:
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

they usually take good care of me. i have no complaints. even when i accidentally use station cash instead of my dungeon marks, they cheerfully remove the dungeon marks and give me back the sc.