Whats is the mess with hunter quest?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, May 17, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well i hated this grindy stupid thing, but i ran it twice on Fallen Gate when we had double currency (so x4 since we are members). The RoK one was not too bad since we did speed run, in sebilis crypt we ran to the final boss and FDed or desagroed, in Maiden we only had to kill the sisters and ran through the first part of the zone, in the zone with traps we were able to pull last named using blue aoe and for chelsith we just moved along the side and just killed the 4 leviathans. I skipped in the next exapc cause one named in GuK was too hard for most pick up groups. I don t even know what were the target during Paineel, i saw the hunter near Vasty Deep entrance but never spokde to him, repeating the same quest 15 times was far from being appealing.

This T5 hunter does not ask for any named, my quest just ask elite in permafrost ... So i assume that i need to kill contested named. So not only it is boring/grindy and stupid. But on top we shall have to fight for named. Krana is camped 24/24 by summoners, to get Kranix crown update we groued with one and promise to decline any loot. But in geeral groups will fight for contested named ....

It would have been much better to ask for Emperor Fyst, the named in bastion of lfammes and the one in sanctum of fear.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Better feedback:

You put in hunter's quest rewards, which is great; giving the community things to do is always amazing in an expansion with such little content to do at end game.

The problem? Putting them on contested mobs, in zones that don't split into a second instance without a serious number of players involved, long respawn times, and too many groups fighting over the same mobs. You can put seventy players in Solusek's Eye; which is fine if the players were spread between the first floor to the last, but instead they are all on the last level farming just a few nameds.

Solution? Instead of contested mobs, put the requirements on the bounties into zones player's don't usually go into because of a lack of rewards. Or if you wanted to do contesteds, make it any named mob in the zones, kill knubed, update, kill commander keg, update, really any named in the zone would work at this point; instead of just a few.

Suggested zones:
    Bastion of Flames
    Nek 2 (While you're at it, it would be great if this zone had good rewards given there is only really one heroic worth running at level 50 at this point)
    Oratorium of Thyr
    Drafling Tower
    Sanctum of Fear
    Chamber of Rulgax
    Overlord's Throne Room
    Icy Digg (even though this has been run to death!)
    Generic Bloodlines/Splitpaw heroic that I don't know the name to because they were so buggy/level 10 rewards I didn't bother to learn the name.

This would make players all have the opportunity to get their rewards, without having to camp heroics for hours with mobs that are solo-able with summoners. This server is clearly catered towards "casual players" yet you now have rewards that only a handful will get given the requirements it puts on players, I've played eq2 for years. On a TLE server, I have no incentive to camp a mob for hours, given that the expansion only lasts a few months instead of the previous average of a year + on an expansion; i'm sure a lot are in the same boat given the feedback to this on the kaladim discord.

I suppose this feedback is better geared towards DoF when those hunter rewards are added in, in that expansion I would heavily look towards putting the required "bounties" towards mobs that aren't going to have a hundred players at all hours trying to farm before the reset.
    Kalika and Somedude like this.
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

any named mob does work. you can even kill commander keg 3x for the 3 updates. other than that, yes, better feedback.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Not all nameds are working that way.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Which names can you not kill multiple times to count towards the 3? Maybe I'm just a lucky 50 but killing the same name 3 times has worked for me in PF, CT, and Sol Eye
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. Okanagan Member

Reported for being a lucky 50
    dirgenoobforreal and Zenji like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sorry, i'm moreso refering to not all nameds updating it; rather than being able to kill the same boss three times that does update it.

I apologize if i'm not being transparent enough.

Also, #lucky50 for being able to conquer the perils of norrath.
    Zenji likes this.
  8. Nygosh New Member

Yeah it does seem atm to be dog eat dog...names in open zones just begs for conflict, just today I cleared to a named only to have a group come kill it while i was finishing potential adds....sucked but what ever!

I also would suggest instance mobs, heck 1 contested and 2 instance mobs seem fair also.

The way we have it now just seems to create drama.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes it is better this way ;-)

I dislike too much grind but as you said it gives a goal to max out toons.

Asking for contested mobs with slow repop in zones that are unique, or the best case double (i saw once 3 cazic thule at peak hour) is a big mistake. Your list of intanciated names is way more complete.