What's In YOUR Mercenary Crate?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 1, 2015.

1. Charlice Well-Known Member

I just want Kung Foo Panda. Make it happen. Ktks.
    Oh, and make them Heirloom. Think how many more you'd sell then, Dayderp.
  2. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'll let you look at mine on PS docks!
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

Fine! I'll meet you there when I get home!
  4. AngryConjy Active Member

spent a fortune trying to get vilehex got bunches of crates with nothing but the trash
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

You did sell the trash off for status, I hope? That's what I did with the couple of crates of 'trash.' Hee, hee, bought one 3 merc crate and got THREE of the same common merc. Sold 'em Dinged the guild! Happy Dance!
    AngryConjy likes this.
  6. Wintir Active Member

It would be nice if they just ranked the mercs as "basic/better/best" by class. Create a sticky and be done with it. I'd rather pay $50 for what I want than $10 or $20 bucks for a Powerball number in the merc lottery. It's good business, isn't it?

"Let me give you money to buy what I want. Charge an appropriate premium if you need to."
    Tetrol, Kittybock, Brennin and 2 others like this.
  7. AngryConjy Active Member

yes I did, 2 of 7 packs of trash worth
  8. Hirofortis Active Member

As long as people buy lottery tickets for mercs they will not change. I voted with my money and won't buy till daybreak changes them to Heirloom.
    GrunEQ, Tetrol, Wintir and 2 others like this.
  9. Loendar Member

I did the same - bought one - realized it wasn't heirloom and I couldn't use it and stopped buying anymore. Status isn't really needed for me - and certainly not enough to pay real cash to get it.
    Tetrol and Wintir like this.
  10. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Can't watch television nowadays without one online sport betting company after another advertising - so I don't. Now this sort of rubbish. Even IF I thought the idea was remotely reasonable, status means nothing to me - in a guild with over 1,000 characters, we hit max level in a few days anytime there is a new maximum. I don't spend status on anything else, so it just sits around anyway.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The title of this thread made me think I HAD a mercenary crate to open, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I sure will not buying a merc lottery ticket.
    Charlice likes this.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

Alrighty. I bought a pack of three martial mercs tonight. I really want that Panda and the extra discount made it slightly more appealing.
    You want to know what I got? Let me tell you, I got three of the same merc. Yippeee! :mad: Just what my level 100 guild needs, more status.

I thought oh well, RNG and all, so I bought one more.. yep, another one the same. Really? You can't even put three different mercs in a crate of three? How about smart loot for the damn things?

Lady Gretta Cheroon. I now hate her more than Quo tbh.

And just for lolz, have a screenie of Lady Gretta Garbage. That's correct, she's the one with no shirt on. Yes half elf illusion, but wrong sex imo.

[IMG]
    Wintir, Hirofortis and Dulcenia like this.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I actually found something to do with last weekend's 20% off sale. I bought Werner tokens for 11-30p for several of my toons, then hired and unlocked him for anywhere. He does seem to keep the mobs from wailing on my scouts better than Daeron does :)

I buy mercs if I know what I'm getting. AND unlock them.
    Wintir and Charlice like this.
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

I can assure you I will NEVER buy another one. I'm still pretty cranky, 4 the same ... good game Dayderp, good game.

If they were Heirloom I would still think it stunk, but maybe the stench wouldn't be so hard to take.
    Derpron is actually better than this merc. That just rubs salt into the wound.
    Wintir likes this.
  15. Silkmyst Active Member

Agree that you should be able to see the stats before you scribe the contract, at least. However, in about another week, none of this will be a surprise anymore.

I also got duplicates, and spent about 45 bucks ( a lot for me) on a few crates. I accidently scribed a common (no designation on token), that I would of sold for status. Why can't they at least say what they are (rare, elite, or common) before you SCRIBE them? Really frustrating.

Was happy to ding the guild, but it felt overall like a really expensive sort of trap. Why have appearance mercs you wouldn't really use or ever display due to weakness issues?

I think it was a great idea in theory, but far better to show what you are getting on the marketplace. And if you want to hide that, then why not at least display what you have in your crate (rare, common, elite) before you scribe it? How big of a secret does this all have to be?

Silk
    Wintir likes this.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

What happens in another week?

If you mean bow and accept something or other...not likely to happen on the North American continent.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Interesting part of everything is always where I have been and the ability to assist....the combo was never ideal.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Anyone with vision issues will need a yearly eye screen. Don't let your guildies duck out on that!....well not and trust them to drive you anywhere, that is.
  19. Silkmyst Active Member

Oh, I just figured in another week we'd all have down which merc's were common, rare and elite. Lots of folks already do I'm sure. When you click on the merc in Rogue's galary, it just gives you one line of dialogue and no stats (that I could find), unlike the merc's upstairs. Same with unpacked tokens, prior to scribing contracts. Guessing game unless you can remember your aviak's from your Drolvarg.

Silk
  20. TechUp Active Member

Here's a quick way to figure out what's what. Since you can sell the tokens for status, you can take it to a status vendor and see what they will give you for it:

1 million status = common
    3 million status = uncommon
    6 million status = rare
    ??? status = ultra rare (Katastra Vilehex)

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries