What's everyone currently working on?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Perrigrin, May 28, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, but according to 4 out of 5 felines, they're so tasty...a bit big for your average house cat, but a kerra, now... ;->

And you only need one of the prognosticating buggers to tell you the weather, right? ;->

Uwk
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One word: plague.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't want you to get the Plague Uwkete!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have carpal in both wrists but I don't think cutting the tendons is a cure, so I refuse to have it done, I just do the ice and the braces if it gets bad, a couple of days and they a good for a while.
    Soara2, Momo, Niboota and 3 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Back East, in the States? Hmm; never heard of it being there. Out here in the West, sure; that's why one must always pounce on only the healthiest, least flea-ridden prey. :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Momo, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously? That's what they do?? :eek:

That's almost as bad as de-clawing... :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Momo, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Any rodent can carry plague. Yes, it's more prevalent in the western states, but it was just in the news a few weeks ago that some fools in... Mongolia, I think it was, ate a marmot's liver raw and got plague and died. It's still a nasty disease, even in the age of antibiotics.
  7. Niboota Well-Known Member

HA! This is totally me!
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

I used to play a game called Best Friends in 2004. It was a boy penguin and a girl penguin getting through an obstacle course to reach each other - I think. Girl and Boy penguin for sure though! :D Probably not the same game though...?
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No this is a bunch of cute little fiends that have to clear levels to defeat the evil slugs and regain their land.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True. And yeah, I remember that story...stupid. At the very least, cook it, though I don't know if that would've helped. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have now harvested over 6000 teak on Kaladim, not including what I have crafted with. Over 4000 oak and 5000 fir, again not including what I have already crafted with. Guess I will keep harvesting.
  12. Mariebella Well-Known Member

I have the carpal tunnel as well and no way am I letting them cut me open! I've been wearing a brace overnight to keep my hand straight and its made a really big difference. Prefer heat to ice though it gives me a reason to lay in the bath for ages boiling like a lobster.

(edit saw how much you harvested, no wonder you have the carpal tunnels)
    Soara2, Momo, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Katz Well-Known Member

Sadly lately I'm only doing work work instead of things in game.
    Soara2, Momo, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard heat works better, frequently; I tried the silly "Oh, just open this package, the air will react to the iron filings in the pouch and heat up really well! Safer than an electric anything for your [back, wrist, leg, whatever hurts]! :D" thing and I don't know about you folks, ymmv, but those silly "heat things" heated up to about 100 F. Considering human body temp. is 98.6 F, I wasn't terribly impressed at all. Didn't do a thing for my lower back (which isn't happy with me atm), but I will say that putting it on a sore wrist, then strapping the wrist brace thing on over it, felt nice. :)

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am extremely heat sensitive now with the MS. So anything over about 45 degrees F and I begin to boil. So I use ice for everything. I have tons of ice packs and they recommend these ice suits is basically what they are, you can get like vests, pants, sleeves, gloves, etc that you charge and when fully charged they cool whatever you are wearing for up to 8 hours. They have found for progressive MS patients, like myself, that cooling the spine, helps with a lot of the symptoms, it does for me. But I have been doing it since long before they came out with these cooling vests and such. I used to fill grocery bags with ice from the ice machine at the Prison and set them on the floor of the car and drive barefoot, keeping one foot in ice and when I would stop at a stoplight, I would put the foot that had been in ice all along on the brake and put the other one in ice until the light changed, then swap them back. I would have those ice things they ship with meds to keep them cool and freeze them and use ace bandages to strap them to my spine. I still do that, no reason to spend $400 US on a vest or $120 US on a pair of socks.

Another thing I found is to put a gallon sized ziplock bag into another gallon sized ziplock bag, fill the inner bag with crushed ice and then pour an entire large bottle of rubbing alcohol into the bag with the ice and then zip both bags shut, then let them sit in the freezer for a few hours. You can then use that thing as a moldable ice bag, when it melts or starts getting warm, put it back into the freezer, you can basically use it forever. I made one 3 years ago and I am still using it, its good for the neck and shoulders because you can bend it around the neck or around your shoulders since it remains pliable.
  16. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I love Best Fiends! The little guys are so cute :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You, ma'am, are a genius! I'm saving this page. :D

And hoping it all continues to do well by you (careful hugs!). :-/

Uwk
    thinking, "$520 for those two things alone?? :eek:"
  18. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I'm almost ready to commit to publishing Arasai Delights Restaurant. I keep finding places to put more stuff >< And I have the beach entrance closed off for now until we get moonlight enchantments on Kaladim so I can put in a proper garden.
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  19. Niboota Well-Known Member

Ah ok. Yep not the same game. The one I played was single player and involved an obstacle course! I miss that game. It was so fun. I haven't been able to install it since Window 7 though. It's not compatible, and they never released an updated version. :oops:
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Best Fiends is single player as well. People play it on their phones or iPads, tablets, stuff like that, its from the App Store or the Google Play store, I think its on Kindle as well. You should try it, its addictive.